Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions

Notices

LC Smith Turkey Shoot
Unread 11-17-2013, 08:41 PM   #1
John Truitt
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,075 Times in 338 Posts

Default LC Smith Turkey Shoot

The LC Smith turkey shoot was a great event. Fun was had by everyone. Anne Mauro did a wonderful job organizing this. It was very well received by both shooters and the Matarese family/ M and M staff.
They are already making plans for next year.

Please keep this one in mind for next year.

This was the first year the LCSCA has opened this shoot up for non LCS shooters and that will continue in the future as I was told this weekend.

M and M is a first class facility. Very large, great targets, and very nice land. It was my first trip up there and I cannot wait to go back. If you get a chance to shoot there take it. It will be worth it.
John Truitt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to John Truitt For Your Post:
Unread 11-18-2013, 02:58 PM   #2
John Liles
PGCA Member

Member Info

Hello All!
We had 47 shooters in the 75 bird Main Event on Saturday. Elsie Shooter Chuck Brady was Hi-Elsie shooter with a combined score of 90 in the 75 target main event and 25 target five stand. Elsie Shooter Tom Cutler was Elsie Runner-Up with a combined score of 88.
Dr Truitt failed to mention that his combined score of 89 was the highest Non-LC Smith score recorded for the event, Nicely Done indeed!
I only recognized one other Parker shooter in attendance, Bryan Brady (Chuck's Son), though there may have been more.
This event has the potential to become a really great one to finish the year with. With luck it'll turn into a two day event like our Spring and Fall Classics, as my group ran out of time before shooting all the events we had aspired to shoot in the single day format. I understand that there was an awesome Fitasc venue on site, but I ran out of time before I ever saw it!
Great targets, reasonably priced close-by accommodations, and first class supper opportunities nearby all combine to give this shoot a really bright future.
Hope to see more of my Parker Friends in attendance next year!
John Liles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2013, 09:30 PM   #3
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,787 Times in 3,967 Posts

john sounds like a good time was had by all...congratulations is in order for dr truitt....i sure would hate to shoot for who buys supper with any of the boys lc smith or parker shooter...charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote