Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Man's Best Friend

Notices

Unread 12-27-2017, 09:17 PM   #11
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,047 Times in 1,727 Posts

Rich,So very sorry to hear of Daisy,s passing. I know how much you loved her. Hang in there buddy.
Unread 12-27-2017, 10:14 PM   #12
Harold Pickens
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,771 Times in 2,005 Posts

We can pass on our old guns for future generations to enjoy. The lives of our beloved dogs so short in comparison, we can only keep them in our memories and take comfort that at least our friends understand the heartache and loss.
I know you will be smiling at the memories of Gunner and Daisy when that new puppy comes home.
\Harold
Unread 12-28-2017, 07:52 AM   #13
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

Brett your CESS system is a good one but unfortunately I don't have one anymore. When Gunner died in 2012 there were three other dogs in the house and slowly they have now all left. Daisy was the last one and Ike won't be here until May. This is a very empty house without Daisy.

I went to the gun room this am to put her collar on the peg with those that have gone before and read the plaque Audrey gave me when Gunner passed and I'd like to share it, it reads "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them, and every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are"
Anonymous.

It's going to be a long winter.
Unread 12-28-2017, 12:05 PM   #14
Phil C
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 5,918 Times in 1,432 Posts

Rich it clear that Daisy was a special dog and those of us that run dogs understand all to well the sorrow you are experiencing. May can not get here soon enough.
Another special hunting partner can not take away the loss you are feeling as each dog is special as it should be and the new hunting compaion will bring its own personality and will bond with us in its individual way.
No other animal on earth has the ability to love us and pocesseses the desire to please us so much.
This morning while feeding the dogs I accidently stepped on Scouts rear toe. He squealed and started licking his foot. I felt terrible and immediately got down on my knee to look at his foot calling him telling him Im sorry boy. He immediately ran over, jumped up and placed his front feet on my shoulder and started licking my face and it was clear he had already forgave me and forgot about my mistake. ( Try that with your wife or girl friend )
Phillip Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phillip Carr For Your Post:
Unread 12-28-2017, 02:39 PM   #15
Elk Hunter
Forum Associate

Member Info

Oh how this makes me miss my girls. Thanks for posting even if it did make me mist up.
Unread 12-28-2017, 04:22 PM   #16
Garth Gustafson
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,346 Times in 372 Posts

Rich,
So sorry to hear about Daisy. It seems the more we love our animals the more we hurt when we lose them. But you know that you gave Daisy (and all of your dogs) a wonderful life filled with companionship, love and fun. You couldn't have made her life more enjoyable, and she was very lucky and blessed to have you in her life.
Garth Gustafson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Garth Gustafson For Your Post:
Unread 12-29-2017, 08:35 AM   #17
MD*GSP
PGCA Member

Member Info

Rich, I cannot begin to describe how sorry I am to learn that you've lost your Daisy.

I hope you'll keep the recliner for the treasure that it is.
Scot Cardillo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scot Cardillo For Your Post:
Unread 12-29-2017, 08:56 AM   #18
Jean Swanson
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,080 Times in 237 Posts

Rich

I have always owned Brits in my 78 years, always females, their unforgiving love and dedication. It always comes hard when they are gone forever.

Sorry for your loss of Daisy

Allan
Jean Swanson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jean Swanson For Your Post:
Unread 12-29-2017, 10:20 AM   #19
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

I would like to thank everyone here for your kind words of support. They mean a lot to me as it's more difficult than I imagined it would be and I knew it would be very hard. Daisy was always with me, if i had errands to run she went for a ride, she shared my cereal in the mornings and of course she shared the recliner as we hunted vicariously all over the world. This is the first time I haven't had a dog to share my day with and to be honest it's rather lonely without one. While I look forward to Ike coming in May if I had my way I'd be on my way to Wisconsin for a female pup today. I know I can't replace Daisy and each dog is their own special gift.

Please give your friends a scratch for Daisy and myself for they are here for to short a time.
Unread 12-29-2017, 08:36 PM   #20
Double Lab
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,084 Times in 2,380 Posts

I took Parker and Fox out this afternoon for a scratch hunt at my club and scored 8 birds. As I promised we dedicated it to the memory of Daisy and all the other past bird dogs of members of the PGCA and ones from my past. I am starting a tradition this year of a memorial Xmas week bird hunt. Our hunting buddies are'nt around long enough. Shooting a Parker of course.