Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 11-05-2020, 09:30 PM   #11
Randy Roberts
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,659 Times in 1,854 Posts

I have dealt with John and Troy in the past and would do so in the future. I did have a problem with one gun that was off face when received. There was absolutely no question about it, they paid to repair cost with no questions asked. The last time I spoke with them they still did not have a wall thickness gauge so you are kind of on your own in that department. I would suggest that if they have something you are interested in that you pick up the phone and call them. Like others have stated they are rather slow to respond via email.
Randy G Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Randy G Roberts For Your Post:
Unread 11-05-2020, 10:51 PM   #12
Craig Budgeon
PGCA Member

Member Info

The fact that they don't have the courtesy to return your emails and offer a lame excuse for the absence of a wall thickness gage would cause me to look else ware. D grade hammer guns are not that rare; there have been two offered on this sight over the past 2 years. If you read many of the posts on this forum you will realize many of its members have there own wall thickness gage. Kirk, the problem may not be the lack of a wall thickness gage, but rather the wall thickness of the gun you are interested in.
Craig Budgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2020, 05:59 AM   #13
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,854 Times in 4,747 Posts

My phone rang one evening a bit past midnight. My wife answered it and shook me awake and said it was someone named Jack. It was Jack Puglisi. My first comment was, "Do you have any idea what time it is in Maryland?" Jack calmly said that he thought it was almost 1:00 AM.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill Murphy For Your Post:
Unread 11-06-2020, 07:19 AM   #14
Wild Skies
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,617 Times in 988 Posts

A visit to Puglisi's is more than a visit - it's an experience. The building itself, the ambience, the people and the guns are something that you will not soon forget. I've experienced Puglisi's several times, I or others that I went there with ended up buying guns or items on a few of these occasions. Each time we came away feeling we got a fair deal. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.
Unread 11-06-2020, 10:23 AM   #15
Alfred Greeson
PGCA Member

Member Info

We miss the old timers and often the sons or daughters are not quite the same but trying.....They have some great guns and get some of the best but quite often it is hard for the next generation to measure up to the first that we have appreciated for years, at least in our minds. I enjoy seeing what they have in inventory and they have answered some questions for me which I appreciated. They may ask top dollar but so do we on a good piece. Just my two cents...….
Alfred Greeson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Alfred Greeson For Your Post:
Unread 11-06-2020, 11:32 AM   #16
Craig Budgeon
PGCA Member

Member Info

Jack is dead and he is the one responsible for building that business. It does not sound like the current management inherited his business acumen.
Craig Budgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2020, 08:31 PM   #17
Alfred Greeson
PGCA Member

Member Info

Maybe so, a lot to learn and the younger generation will never have what the old timers had to learn to survive in many cases.. A class mate of mine went through Vanderbilt, returned to destroy a business his Father worked all his life to build with only a third grade education. The son thought he learned it all and killed the business in less than 3 years. A bad example but there are some good ones out there too. Jack was one of the good ones, gone too soon.
Alfred Greeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2020, 12:14 PM   #18
jsd
Forum Associate

Member Info

I've dealt with them and it was a positive experience. Calling is the way to go. The barrel issue is liability. The first thing we all do is measure them anyway correct? Or you can fly to Duluth round trip for about $400 from most places. That's about what you would pay to overnight it to you and return overnight if you don't care for the firearm. Take a day. I've never been there but it sounds like a good experience and good people.
Jeff Davison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2020, 12:30 PM   #19
Kirk Potter
PGCA Member

Member Info

This is the gun:

https://www.gunsinternational.com/gu...n_id=101545775

For its condition I think its priced to high. Also, if the weight is correct, I imagine its a 2 frame with cut barrels?

I've been looking for a grade 3 or above 1 frame hammer gun with 28" barrels. According to The Parker Story, only 85 were ever made, so I'm fighting a losing battle I think.
Kirk Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2020, 09:03 AM   #20
Hammer Gun
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,680 Times in 1,644 Posts

I have dealt with PUglisi for many years, Jack was as many of us know a fine gentleman, he has been to my house several times, to buy and sell me guns, always straight up, always a three day inspection, send it back if not satisfied. I have dealt with John several times, the basics involving the transaction were the same as with Jack. John is not the salesman that Jack was and he does business a little different than Jack. They still are the place to find unusual and high grade Parkers I would not hesitate to do business with them! Gary
Gary Carmichael Sr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gary Carmichael Sr For Your Post: