Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 11-16-2020, 07:01 PM   #21
Mark Britton
PGCA Member

Member Info

PLEASE KEEP PRAYING ! And THANK YOU !Update on Frank from 11/14/2020

It is so hard to believe that it will be four weeks ago tomorrow that our world changed so drastically. But then again, things like this happen all of the time. I would hope that we have learned many lessons from this so far, but one is that we need to make sure that our family and friends know that we love them. In a matter of seconds life changes, as mentioned above, so stop whatever you are doing right now and contact someone and let them know how much they mean to you.

Now, on to how Frankie is doing. He had a very busy week.

He has speech, physical, and occupational therapy a couple of times per week and respiratory therapy on a daily basis. He has been responding some, as mentioned in my other posts. He does open his eyes when you call his name, he does mouth words, nod to questions, wave to us, and when he feels like it, he will give us a thumbs up.

He was very tired yesterday and today. He did sleep most of today while I was visiting him. However, someone told me that deep sleep is needed to heal the brain.

As for his eyes, he does open them when you call his name. He does track more with his eyes that he had been doing. However, they have not been able to do a complete examination to determine how he is seeing or what he is seeing.

His facial fractures seem to be healing nicely and the doctors are pleased with the fixes they made and the healing he is having.

Otherwise, we are just in a holding pattern, still working on some medical conditions and praying for more progress in awareness so we can go to our next place for therapy. I am not sure where that will be, but we are praying that he will be accepted to the Shephard Center in Atlanta.

As for me, I did not do as well this week as he did. I want what is best for him but I also, to be honest, what more than that for me. Yes, I am being selfish. I want to see him progress every day like a hare running a race, but that is not how the brain heals from an injury. It heals more like the tortoise.

The doctors, nurses, and therapists continue to tell me that he is making great progress and that we are still very early in this journey.

For prayer requests:

Pray for him to make more progress in his responses and with moving all extremities to command and spontaneously.
Pray for his eyes to completely heal and that he will be able to see.
Pray for his general health as this kind of injury is also hard on your body.
Pray for his blood work to continue to normalize as we move along. Specifically pray for his blood count and his blood sugar to normalize.
Pray for the Lord to prepare us for our next move. I would love to see him go to Shepherd Center if it is the Lord’s will.
Pray for me. I have very good days and then I have a day that I just want to crawl under a rock and hide. Just being honest.
Pray for Jacob as he has only two weeks left in this semester. He has been able to work out most of the issues he had with his next semester, but is still working on one. He has sent in an appeal on the matter and is waiting to hear back on that.
Words cannot express to each and every one of you how much you mean to use. There is no way that we would make it through one day without the Lord leading the way, but also from your encouragement through your kind words, cards, texts, telephone calls, etc. Please know that I know everyone who has contacted us, brought us food, sent him financial support, but it may be a while before I can get to each of you to thank you.

Again, thank you so much. God bless you!

Psalm 37:3-4

Trust in the Lord, and do good;
dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness.[a]
Delight yourself in the Lord,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Mark Britton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2020, 07:04 PM   #22
Mark Britton
PGCA Member

Member Info

These updates are from his wife Brenda.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mark Britton For Your Post:
Unread 11-18-2020, 09:59 PM   #23
todd allen
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,248 Times in 1,125 Posts

Thank you Mark. We will keep the prayers going out.
todd allen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to todd allen For Your Post:
Unread 11-19-2020, 01:18 AM   #24
todd allen
PGCA Member

Member Info

Frank has been added to the prayer list of our church.
Lake Mead Baptist, Overton NV. The Pastor is Mitchell Tobler.
This request will go out via email to all members. Healing to Frank, and comfort to his wife.
I look forward to hearing good news about the healing process.
The Following User Says Thank You to todd allen For Your Post:
Unread 11-23-2020, 08:38 PM   #25
Mark Britton
PGCA Member

Member Info

Good news. Frank had a good weekend and therefore it is anticipated that he will be heading to Sheltering Arms in Richmond tomorrow. Brenda will be touching base with both Roanoke and Richmond facilities on the move.

Brenda and Jacob have received a blessing from one of Brenda's cousins. Her cousin owns a townhouse not being used at this time that is only 15 minutes away from the Richmond facility that Brenda can use at no cost. What a tremendous blessing.

Lift them all up in prayer. Especially pray that Frank makes a safe trip, that he transitions smoothly to Sheltering Arms, that they provide and meet his needs, and that Frank continues to improve daily in this journey.

--
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mark Britton For Your Post:
Unread 11-23-2020, 10:43 PM   #26
todd allen
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanks Mark. Please keep us posted, as we are following this as closely as possible.
Met with our pastor Sunday, and he expressed an interest in keeping this on our prayer chain.
Pastor Mitchell is a shooter, BTW.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to todd allen For Your Post:
Unread 11-24-2020, 09:12 AM   #27
Cold Spring
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 6,227 Times in 1,200 Posts

Mark, I am so sorry to read of Frank's severe mishap and difficulties along with those of his loving family. Prayers for his speedy and full recovery.

I have a question. As you posted here the Virginia Sporting Clays Championship was held at the Brushy Mountain Club, and I wonder if Frank and his family who depend on him are covered by accident/liability insurance policies held by Brushy Mountain. An incident comes to mind that happened at a registered NSCA shoot a few years back; a shooter suffered a non-shooting related injury, minor in comparison to Frank's, and the club's insurance ended up paying him $50k.
Frank Srebro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Srebro For Your Post:
Unread 11-26-2020, 04:42 PM   #28
Mark Britton
PGCA Member

Member Info

Yes the officers of the club are working on that. Please keep praying for Franks progress. Here's the latest update on his condition. Frank was moved to Sheltering Arms in Richmond late Monday. He is all settled, has a wonderful room and bathroom with a large window that has a nice view of the woods and sky. He is in the rehab portion. Tuesday they started him on his PT, OT and speech therapy for an hour each.

He is already starting new things. Use his voice with the trach capped. Got him up on the side of the bed, in his own shirt to help control body temperature. Almost got him in the chair but needed a different chair, so maybe soon. They will be working on building his upper body strength. He will be using very new technology as they just opened this section of the facility in June. He was able to move all four extremities and wiggle his toes and move his weaker sides (right arm and left leg) more.

His Dr. is a favorite at the facility and is sympathetic and receptive to any questions Brenda and Frankie have. They have great communication with Brenda and daily schedule that Brenda can follow. She can visit for several hours after therapy at this stage.

They are increasing meds to stimulate his brain that they said will get him better. "we do not know what the future will look like until we get there, but he will be better! He is improving daily.

Frank does not remember the fall (which is normal as a protective measure of the body to protect Frankie). Brenda is assuring him that they are working to get him better after a fall. He seems content with this and understands.

A special thing that Brenda got to see was Frank's smile when working with the speech therapist.

Pray for him to be healed, for his eyes, that his brain is knitted back together as God would have it, and that his mouth heals quickly so his jaw can be released so he can swallow and make vocal sounds easier.

Brenda thanks everyone for continuing to lift Frank in their prayers. Please pray for his team of caregivers to be exactly what he needs in God's perfect design.

May everyone have a blessed Thanksgiving.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mark Britton For Your Post:
Unread 11-30-2020, 08:50 PM   #29
Mark Britton
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thank you for everyones prayers ! Great News Today !From Brenda:

I walked into Frankie’s room and he was so glad to see me. He knew me, talked to me the whole time I was there. I asked him lots of questions, he knew all of the answers. Speech therapy asked Frankie questions and he answered. Frankie was drinking water from a cup, while holding the cup by himself. Speech therapy asked him to look at the clock and tell her what time it was and he said “2:51”, and he was right. YIPPEE! These are answered prayers indeed, especially in knowing that he can see.

Frankie was moving all over the place in bed, I mean his legs and arms. He was turning his head, and just overall progressing in his movements. However, he is so uncomfortable in the bed. He has been there now for 42 days or so, and his body is tired of lying down and it hurts him. All he wanted me to do was get him up and get him out of there. He wanted to go outside, anywhere but there. I am taking all of these as good signs.

Now for the bittersweet part. He is entering the stage of being a little mad, which is a normal state in recovering from a traumatic brain injury. He knows that he is in a hospital, but he wants to go home
Prayer requests:
That he becomes more comfortable with decreased pain in his back, his legs, and at the pressure wound.
Pray for the pressure wound to heal.
Pray that he leaves his trache alone.
Pray that we can get the wires cut soon so he can start taking more by mouth and we can get the trache out.
Pray for him to continue to progress physically and mentally.
Pray for every staff member working with him and others with a TBI. This is such a hard field to work in and continue to have patience with the patients. Pray for them to know how much to push each patient to become the best they are going to be after treatment.
Praises:
That Frankie is able to move his legs more, his right arm more, hold his own cup to drink, and complain.
That he is progressing every day.
For the staff who work in this job as it is hard.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mark Britton For Your Post:
Unread 12-02-2020, 08:06 PM   #30
Mark Britton
PGCA Member

Member Info

Another great step ... Brenda received a call yesterday from Roanoke plastic surgery telling them it was okay to cut the wires and remove the screws from Frankie's mouth. Therefore Dr. Clanton is going to cut the wires and will get the screws removed as soon as possible.

Another note, they stood Frankie up three times yesterday for one minute each time. They said he did wonderful and that he was very strong. They expect that he will just keep progressing. The occupational therapist said she could not believe how fast he was progressing.

WOW! God is so good!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mark Britton For Your Post: