Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Hunting with Parkers

Notices

Unread 02-16-2020, 02:26 PM   #11
Bob Brown
PGCA Member

Member Info

I'd lock them in different closets. By the time I got home from work the wife would probably have him trained to attack as soon as the door was opened.
Bob Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bob Brown For Your Post:
Unread 02-16-2020, 08:09 PM   #12
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,460 Times in 3,383 Posts

Did the quail thing today with my friend and his GSP . I didn’t drag my Boykin along . Didn’t shoot much either six shots four birds . Parker 28 was fine but the shooter was not as perfect as he thinks he should be LOL’s
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6F643958-223A-4077-8A83-A17336A495D6.jpg (504.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 61FABF46-49D8-4B8B-82DB-EBCB4B7D4422.jpg (507.5 KB, 2 views)
Unread 02-16-2020, 08:10 PM   #13
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Looks like my 28 gets another chance next Saturday at Rasawek Hunting Preserve .
Unread 02-21-2020, 06:14 PM   #14
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

As of today it looks pretty good that I’ll have a spot for the March 14th shoot at Christmas Hill ! Then I’ll try and hit Central Virginia Sporting Clays on the 19th and that’ll be it until I return from the Philippines and head straight to the Southern provided I don’t get held up anywhere
Unread 02-22-2020, 01:35 PM   #15
Richard Flanders
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,717 Posts

Tower shoots are a real hoot. I did one at 10deg in Michigan some years back. 12 stations, 200+ birds. A few flew a circle around all 12 stations and never got hit and just landed outside the ring and ran off to be hunted up in the walk up afterwards. Hilarious to watch. You really got to see how most shooters shoot behind when they miss, as they'd shoot the tail clean off a rooster that would keep on going. And I love it when folks don't want their birds. I took home 35 birds from a hunt once, and that was after tossing some into trucks on their way out of field. I think I'm going to dig into my freezer today to see if I have any pheasants or ducks in there. Haven't had one of either in a while.
Richard Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2020, 01:44 PM   #16
Big D
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,597 Times in 1,550 Posts

Iam invited to bring Daisy out as a picker upper for one of the clubs near me. I see the same shooting capers Richard describes. Occasionally of the nimrods will ask me why he's not hitting the birds. I tell him it's a matter of pronunciation. I get a quizzical look, then I tell him it's a matter of more lead "leed", not more lead "led".
Unread 02-22-2020, 04:45 PM   #17
Jack Kuzepski
PGCA Member

Member Info

John,

You are so right , it doesn't matter how big the package is if you send it the wrong address!

Jack Kuzepski
Jack Kuzepski is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jack Kuzepski For Your Post:
Unread 02-23-2020, 03:04 PM   #18
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Flanders View Post
Tower shoots are a real hoot. I did one at 10deg in Michigan some years back. 12 stations, 200+ birds. A few flew a circle around all 12 stations and never got hit and just landed outside the ring and ran off to be hunted up in the walk up afterwards. Hilarious to watch. You really got to see how most shooters shoot behind when they miss, as they'd shoot the tail clean off a rooster that would keep on going. And I love it when folks don't want their birds. I took home 35 birds from a hunt once, and that was after tossing some into trucks on their way out of field. I think I'm going to dig into my freezer today to see if I have any pheasants or ducks in there. Haven't had one of either in a while.
These weren’t from a tower but rather from the ground on a higher point . While I couldn’t actually see the throwers it was no issue to see the birds rising up thru the tree branches . Kinda irked me how many of them smacked into limbs and then came out to low to be shot at and or landed in plain sight ! They released 500 birds at this shoot . Never did here what the total take was , generally from a couple of the retriever guys I know they say 250-300 is about average . I do know two years ago I went with someone for a walk up three days after a release at this same place and even with others working the area the two days before us in 2 1/2 hours we put up about three dozen birds . And we didn’t really cover the whole place . That day I musta seen 8-10 roosters running across open clean cut fields that the dogs never got to .