Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Shotgun Shell Reloading

Notices

Unread 08-09-2016, 10:31 AM   #41
King Brown
Forum Associate

Member Info

Scroll back to the beginning of the thread, Eric and Paul, for differences of opinion about Canadian guns laws, assault rifles and hoarding for the apocalypse---and unfailing mutual respect for each other. It was you who apologized to the moderator for your remarks, Eric, and pledged to see things differently if I could prove you were wrong, which I did. I have contributed information here for 23 years and corresponded privately over a wide range of members' interests without an accusation of being a troll. And you describe yourself as the victim. Grade school stuff, eh?
King Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2016, 12:25 PM   #42
Paul Harm
Forum Associate

Member Info

King, many of us feel very strongly about our 2nd Amendment rights. Especially the part " the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.” It's worked for around 250 years and we don't see any reason to change it now. And we don't like progressives trying to chip away at our rights till they get what they want - NO GUNS. As said before, you have no dog in this fight, so the POLITE thing to do is not say anything. You're a Canadian, not an American, so it's not really any of your business. Thank you, I'm done.
Visit Paul Harm's homepage!
Unread 08-10-2016, 01:52 PM   #43
C grade
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,233 Times in 454 Posts

Paul
Thank you. very well said!
David
David Dwyer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to David Dwyer For Your Post:
Unread 08-10-2016, 02:36 PM   #44
Kensal Rise
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,577 Times in 926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Harm View Post
...you have no dog in this fight, so the POLITE thing to do is not say anything. You're a Canadian, not an American, so it's not really any of your business.
"Tempt not a desperate man"

- Wm. Shakespeare
John Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2016, 02:52 PM   #45
King Brown
Forum Associate

Member Info

Paul, the Second is an enduring debate which I have followed for decades as a student of Canadian and US constitutional law---and my father as lecturer long before me. It's a divisive and emotional issue in your country with municipal, state and federal governance making of it as they see it. A couple Supreme Court appointments could change it either way. All active interests, from one point or another, are "chipping way" at the Amendment. To that extent it's not a sacred, inviolable document to originalists or those who believe otherwise.

Americans feel strongly about it, as you say. They express their feelings here. Without scrolling back "Here we go again", I don't think I mentioned the Second although I not only have a right but a perfect right to respond as I do on international board that makes a point of welcoming participation. It comes as no surprise to me at this particular US political juncture that a tiny rump of members wants a gag order, another wall, for Parker adherents beyond their borders. Countries that tried it ended in ordure and decay.

The opprobrium attached to the once world-popular term of Ugly American disappeared decades ago. There's nothing ugly about Americans. Their country is favourite after my own. Rudeness has no place on this board. I'm done, too. Kind regards, King
King Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to King Brown For Your Post:
Unread 08-10-2016, 05:42 PM   #46
Big Friend Ten (BFT)
PGCA Lifetime Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,933 Times in 795 Posts

Gentlemen,

As entertaining as this thread is I want everyone to back off a few notches. This thread become a political discussion which of course became heated. That is why political discussions are not allowed on this PGCA site.

Per the original subject of this thread, yes, I am a hoarder. In the words of Robert Leckie responding to Eugene Sledge's question of what higher power he believed in, "I believe in ammunition".

Have nice day!
Mark the Moderator

USMC Retired
USMC Distinguished Marksman
USMC Distinguished Pistol Shot
NRA Benefactor - Ring of Freedom member
Mark Ouellette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mark Ouellette For Your Post:
Unread 08-11-2016, 08:38 AM   #47
Paul Harm
Forum Associate

Member Info

You're right Mark, lots of ammo for my AR. Those 30 round mags eat it up in a hurry.
Unread 08-11-2016, 09:25 AM   #48
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,615 Times in 2,667 Posts

The problem is not that King Brown is Canadian, its that he disagrees. Thats why the zealots here want to silence him. Had he agreed with their position, he would be hailed and lauded.

No room for different opinions here. Right thinking only is permitted. Now where did I put my 20mm Vulcan Gatling cannon....
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bruce Day For Your Post:
Unread 08-11-2016, 01:58 PM   #49
Kirk Mckinney
Forum Associate

Member Info

I'm not sure if you gentlemen know this or not, but the government doesn't know if you own a gun or not. Much less the type. For instance if the police find a weapon that was used in a crime but don't know who it belong to. They first have to contact the manufacturer and see what wholesaler it was sold to, then they have to contact the wholesaler and see what retailer it was sold to, then they have to contact the retailer and see who they sold it to. Believe it or not its true. When you go to purchase a gun they run a criminal background check to see if your eligible or not......that's all. Research it you will find its so. And all retailers only have to keep the records of who bought what 20yrs. It also carries the same confidentiality status as your Federal Income Tax Return Statement.

See you in the field!!!!
Kirk Mckinney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2016, 02:03 PM   #50
Kirk Mckinney
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Mckinney View Post
I'm not sure if you gentlemen know this or not, but the government doesn't know if you own a gun or not. Much less the type. For instance if the police find a weapon that was used in a crime but don't know who it belong to. They first have to contact the manufacturer and see what wholesaler it was sold to, then they have to contact the wholesaler and see what retailer it was sold to, then they have to contact the retailer and see who they sold it to. Believe it or not its true. When you go to purchase a gun they run a criminal background check to see if your eligible or not......that's all. Research it you will find its so. And all retailers only have to keep the records of who bought what 20yrs. It also carries the same confidentiality status as your Federal Income Tax Return Statement.

See you in the field!!!!
P.S. That makes my Kimber MINE!!! lol
Kirk Mckinney is offline   Reply With Quote