Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Hunting with Parkers

Notices

Prospect Hall 12/30/23
Unread 12-31-2023, 11:32 AM   #1
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,533 Times in 3,406 Posts

Default Prospect Hall 12/30/23

The last tower shoot of the season at Prospect Hall was 12/30/23 . I drug along two cannons a rather nice DH 10 gauge 3 frame 32” and a DH 8 gauge 6 frame 34” . I try and shoot the 8 a little at atleast one Prospect Hall tower shoot each year . First time I took a thing like a golf bag carrier to handle the two guns , then the next two years I’d shoot it at the first peg and leave it in a friends car . This year I trailered my ATV and used it to transport me and all my junk around the circle . Shot the old eight 23 times and had a pretty good percentage . I shot 54 times total . Brought home a good pile of pheasants and partridge . Sorry but I failed to take pictures while there just the spoils at home
Unread 12-31-2023, 05:57 PM   #2
Harold Pickens
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,829 Times in 2,017 Posts

Default Finishing Out The Year On A High Note

2023 ended with a bang! Was not planning on hunting today, but no sense sitting around the house watching football. Decided to do a little prospecting and hunt some new areas on the wildlife management area for West Virginia quail. After today, I now have 9 coveys located. Doodle found a big covey, with Fancy backing, within 100 yds of the truck. A covey of 15 or so birds exploded and I dropped a left, then right true double with the little Ugartechea 28 ga with 27" IC/M barrels. Had several points on the singles but passed as I was only 5 minutes into the hunt and 3 birds is the limit.
Found a second covey about a half mile away along a grown up gas transmission line, both dogs pointing birds when about 6 birds got up and I managed to drop the initial flusher. So, I just went 3 for 3, and went 3 for 4 on Friday---shooting far above my pay grade! Helps make up for my poor shooting in the UP this year. Swung back around to the truck, put up Doodle and Fancy and move down the road a little. I put out big running but staunch Willie, and traded the 28 ga for a walking stick. Willie had a beautiful intense point on another small covey, and later on some singles---why does it always look so easy when you are not carrying a gun. Moving on into some old spoil banks , Willie pointed some birds in heavy cover that went out as I tried to go in, dont know how many there were.
It had been spitting snow all day, but now turned to rain and at 37 degrees, I decided to call it a day.
A Happy and blessed New Year to all my Parker friends.
pictures to follow:
Unread 12-31-2023, 06:02 PM   #3
Harold Pickens
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,829 Times in 2,017 Posts

Sorry Craig, this was supposed to be a new thread, didnt mean to put it in with yours