Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles

Notices

Unread 11-06-2010, 09:58 PM   #11
Brush Buster
PGCA Member
Second Badge

Member Info

Thanked 3,572 Times in 1,103 Posts

Wink

Dean ,Not to worry ,The CHE is right where it belongs ! At least where I think it belongs There are those that may not agree ? I had a nice little 20 G Grade , ,A really nice little gun , I told Charlie about it and he tried her out and loves it ,I am sure glad ,everybody needs a gun they enjoy carrying and can shoot well ,and I believe this one fits Charlie to a Tee ! I have been selling a lot of my Parkers ,but ,not all of them ,Dean ,I have a couple ear marked for you if I part with them ,I won't forget Ya! Russ
Russ Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2010, 11:44 PM   #12
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,796 Times in 3,967 Posts

russ that little 20 gh does fit me to a tee....next week will tell the tell will be trying it on phezants in kansas...i know the little 20 is up to the task its myself im worried about...you to be fair shot on ducks and quail but will be my first time ever to pull trigger on a phezant...will let every body know how i done in a few days.... thanks again russ charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2010, 05:27 AM   #13
Brush Buster
PGCA Member
Second Badge

Member Info

Good Morning Charlie ,WE shoot a lot of pheasant here in Pa. although they are Game Commission birds ,they are raised differently today than twenty or thirty years ago and are much better hunting than the ones that used to wait by the road for the stock truck to come back and get them ! With that said ,the trick of hitting the Pheasant ,remember his tail is so long but the " Kill Zone " is really a much smaller area , if he is flying right to left or left to right as long as you are looking down the barrel and can see that famous white ring around his neck as you are swinging with him ,you will do alright ,too many people shoot at the tail ,and the only one that works out well for is Mr. Pheasant ! Have a great trip hunting ,can't wait to hear about the adventure ! Russ
Unread 11-07-2010, 07:23 AM   #14
Big D
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,624 Times in 1,558 Posts

The English say that you should pull through the bird, then pull the trigger "Bum, Belly, Beak, BANG"
John Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John Dallas For Your Post:
Unread 11-07-2010, 07:27 AM   #15
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,330 Times in 12,399 Posts

If you're a skeet or SC shooter - imagine the pheasant's head as the clay targert. It really is that simple.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 11-07-2010, 08:37 AM   #16
Brush Buster
PGCA Member
Second Badge

Member Info

I'm not a skeet shooter ,but I really love to hunt birds ! Since I am the guy with the dogs ,I take a lot of my buddies hunting ,the hardest thing for a newbie to pointing dog style hunting is getting accustom to knowing the bird is there and is on its way at any second ,you can see the anxiousness in each step in to flush ,then they unload the first shot before the gun is even near the shoulder ,or the cheek ,then try to regain composure and you watch as the wad passes five feet behind the bird ! Of course there is never any ribbing to go along with any of this !! I like the " Bum, Belly ,Beak system ,same way I shoot just never named it ! Charlie is really going to have a good story to tell for sure !
Unread 11-07-2010, 09:22 AM   #17
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

Russ-Youre selling your Parkers?? The Horror, the horror
Rich Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2010, 11:23 AM   #18
Brush Buster
PGCA Member
Second Badge

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Anderson View Post
Russ-Youre selling your Parkers?? The Horror, the horror
Richard , No permanent mental damage done ! I Hope ?????? I had two small safes full of mostly Parkers ,I love them all but ,I find myself always going for the same few guns ,I figured it was time while the market is still fairly decent to pass some of them along ,I have sold all of my Trojans , and all my V Grades ,including an almost new cond. VHE ,that was so well preserved ,I wouldn't even shoot it ,it didn't even have marks on the reciever where it shows the shell casing marks , all of my 10 Ga. guns ,a few other 20 Gauges ,I really like the 20 Ga. guns ,but some I shoot better than others, I had a nice D Grade collection from 10 Ga. to 28 Ga. ,I have kept the 28 Ga. ,one 12 and one 16 , plus a couple random guns ,I am not sure , but I have been kicking around a Repro. 28 w/ Double Triggers and a Beavertail if I can find one I really like ! SEll, but never stop buying !
Unread 11-07-2010, 02:11 PM   #19
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

I reach for the same ones also...at least for this season My favorite is the one I just bought in this case a GH16 0 frame damascuss. Now I just need/want a set of 20ga damascuss bbls to fit to it.

I have the same problem with rifles as I sighted in three for the upcoming firearms deer season.

My theory is an empty safe is a lonely safe
Rich Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2010, 04:18 PM   #20
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,796 Times in 3,967 Posts

russ i like you have bee pondering on selling a few of my gatherings in life....i was in the collecting mode most of my life....but it sure is hard to sell some of the things we have gathered up in our lives...im still crying over a 410 stevens and a 35 chev. 3 window coupe that i had...but at least we presered those things a little longer for the next generation...... charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charlie cleveland For Your Post: