Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Hammer Guns

Notices

A Little Help Needed Please
Unread 10-20-2017, 11:22 AM   #1
James Michael Moyer
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default A Little Help Needed Please

New to the forum and also new member PGCA(about 30 sec ago). First off, this is a fantastic resource and look forward to reading more and hopefully contributing at some point as I have a lot to learn. Last week I became a parker owner for the first time, pretty happy day. Nothing special but really liked the gun, built in 1891. I have now ran across another one I am interested in but have not gotten my Parker book yet(ordering). I was buying this gun as a part of a two gun deal and made what I thought was a fair offer not know more about the gun. I told the guy I would research some more and get back to him on Saturday and we left on good terms. I want this gun for two reasons, 1 I like it, 2 he has what he says is a bunch more(various makes) I want to look at so I want to make him a solid offer we are both happy with. I was in a hurry that day and his store was packed so I said I'll come back.

Would anyone be able to give me more info on 38852.

I know it's a 10g, tight, hammers, made in 1884, demascous barrels and the engraving is a tad more ornate than the one I already have. Both hammers are in working order, stored with a snap caps, and all numbers match. This is not this guys specialty and I know very little so we were kinda at a stalemate. The gun in in good shape considering its age.

I know this is the most difficult part without seeing and holding it but based on that is there anymore info anyone could help me with? Help with a good offer? I never plan to sell the gun.
James Michael Moyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2017, 11:35 AM   #2
Jim DiSpagno
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 2,559 Times in 773 Posts

Grade2 [G grade] top lever 10 gauge capped pistol grip 32" damascus barrels. offer depends on condition especially barrels but $1,200.00 range is a fair starting point
Jim DiSpagno is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2017, 11:35 AM   #3
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,306 Times in 4,411 Posts

Welcome James! Just a warning that buying Parkers can be addictive. You get one or two and pretty soon you have a bunch. It is fun! I hope you enjoy your time here
Mills Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2017, 11:42 AM   #4
Bindlestiff
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,924 Times in 869 Posts

It's a grade 2 with 32 inch damascus barrels with a capped pistol grip stock. I'll get back to you with some more as soon as I can locate it on my computer...
Robin Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2017, 11:49 AM   #5
Bindlestiff
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,924 Times in 869 Posts

Here is an article I wrote some time ago that may help you in your quest for this Parker, I hope it aids you in some way. Good hunting!

Robin
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Knowing Your Parker.pdf (391.0 KB, 65 views)
Robin Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Robin Lewis For Your Post:
Unread 10-20-2017, 12:18 PM   #6
James Michael Moyer
Forum Associate

Member Info

U guys r awesome. Thank u.
Unread 10-23-2017, 12:50 PM   #7
James Michael Moyer
Forum Associate

Member Info

I was able to be the new caregiver to this gun. I have sent off for my research letter today and will post pictures when I take some. Very excited and thank u to all for ur help. I hope to one day be able to repay the favor but I evidently have a LOT to learn.

My journey begins. I have never been just a collector of guns. Everything I have ever owned I have shot, that's what their meant to do in my opinion. Depending on what the letter says and an evaluation by a qualified gunsmith (very open to suggestions) will determine what I do with this new endeavor. My goal is to be able to take a few ducks and maybe even a turkey if all stars align. I think that would be very cool and satisfying to do that with something that is 133 years old.
Unread 10-23-2017, 01:19 PM   #8
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,306 Times in 4,411 Posts

We have collectors and shooters on here, as well as folks who are both. I am both.
Mills Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote