Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

rest of story
Unread 08-23-2009, 08:36 PM   #31
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,790 Times in 3,967 Posts

Default rest of story

well less see were this story begins . iwas amazedat that long barrel i got my yard stick and measured that thing andit was40 inches of cold blue steel. had the longest barrel on gun i ever did have you know the story about the longer the barrel the futher it will shoot. well i couldnt wait to shoot this thing finally decided to shoot low power shells in this goose gun no need to waist them expensive shells when you got such agun as this i says to my self. well igot my targets set up 2 docter pepper cans boy them things can take a lot of lead. well after shotting them cans 5 times i said i probably wont be able to count the holes in them there cans. sure enough i couldnt count them cause there wasnt a hole in them cans..now im shotting at 50 steps isays i must be to close . you know these things shoot like a rifle. so i put them cans out to 75 steps. figured this was about rite. shot 3 times this time still no holes.well isays maybe she dont like them low power shells . every body knows that you have to have keep shooting till you have found the shell that patterns best in your gun. wentin the house got some of those 1 1/2 ounces magnums.sure enough goose killing shells.well i only shot 1 time still no holes.as for rite now havent found shell that patterns well yet or maybe i need to scoot target out to 100 steps .well getting dark cant see can will start shooting again when sun comes.good nite to all charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2009, 02:42 PM   #32
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,031 Times in 1,165 Posts

I'd say that's a turkey shoot gun Charlie, lots of the old timers bent the barrels so they didn't shoot straight. Down at home, in a turkey shoot, you had to put your gun out and make it available for anybody to use. They'd work them over to where they didn't shoot at point of aim so only the owner of the gun knew where to hold it. Put on a big sheet of pattern paper and figure out where it's hitting.

Destry
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Destry L. Hoffard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2009, 12:01 PM   #33
Dollar Grade
PGCA Member

Member Info

boy Charlie, you is funny.....I can't wait for installment #3...

I had an interesting conversation with an old trap shooter a few weeks ago. He said that he can remember his dad and his dads trap shooting buddies going out to the parking lot and bending the barrel on the car bumber

kurt

Last edited by Kurt Densmore; 08-25-2009 at 03:26 PM..
Kurt Densmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2009, 12:54 PM   #34
Don Kaas
Forum Associate

Member Info

Very common among (pre-O/U) trap and pigeon shooters, the less adventurous do them in the shop on the table of a milling machine. Like stock bending, one has to crank them past the point you are seeking as they spring back a bit...or so I'm told...I don't like to be there when the do it to one of mine.
Don Kaas is offline   Reply With Quote
maybe tommorrow
Unread 08-25-2009, 10:18 PM   #35
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,790 Times in 3,967 Posts

Default maybe tommorrow

boys wife said yard needed bush hogging so i started early and finnished late. maybe get to shoot that old goose killer tommorrow. i may have to get some of you boys that know how to bend them there barrels to show me how. ive bent a lot car fenders but dont know much about bendinggoose gun s. got go think i hear old blue treed charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote