Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 08-14-2009, 02:33 PM   #11
Bob Brown
PGCA Member

Member Info

The "Super Range Goose" was a trade name used by the J. Stevens Arms Company. This might be one of theirs. The "Super Goose 10" was a model of Marlin shotguns.

Last edited by Bob Brown; 08-14-2009 at 02:58 PM..
Bob Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2009, 03:17 PM   #12
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,168 Posts

Darn, I was really hoping for Iver Johnson for some reason. Well Stevens was always the family arm so I suppose that's fitting.

D
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Destry L. Hoffard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2009, 04:53 PM   #13
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Thanked 4,162 Times in 825 Posts

Well, yes.. Iver Johnson is certainly - and clearly better - than a Stevens..

*Cough, cough...*

(Sorry - just had something stuck in my throat...)

BTW - doing Pheasant on the grill tonight... They are marinading in the fridge as I type this.. Sorry for the short notice - but, want to come by for dinner??? I'd ask Dean, or Dave, or Bob, or Scott or Robin, or..??... But - they might actually show up...

JD
John Dunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2009, 05:58 PM   #14
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,048 Times in 1,727 Posts

John...Would you please answer your door! I have been sitting out here quite a while now
Unread 08-14-2009, 06:28 PM   #15
Bindlestiff
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,924 Times in 869 Posts

I was just sitting here wondering where I could go on the Harley...... good idea! See ya soon. It is a nice evening for a ride.
Robin Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2009, 06:45 PM   #16
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Well - the grill is up... Here we go! As well - I'll post the recipe if it's any good. Jen will be the judge of that, OK?? Also - Dave and Robin? Just come on in..!! I'm doing two pheasants "on the Barbie" - so you guys are more than welcome!!

JD
Unread 08-14-2009, 08:25 PM   #17
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dunkle View Post
.... I'm doing two pheasants "on the Barbie"..
And here is what they look like - BEFORE we ate them... Dang good...

JD
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (137.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (112.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (150.0 KB, 13 views)
Unread 08-14-2009, 09:37 PM   #18
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,232 Times in 12,375 Posts

Oh gosh! Not the fine china! When Robin shows up on his Harley that pretty stuff will shatter from the thunderous roar of his pipes like a well-hit clay. Heck, my neighbors are still trying to get me to pay for their windows from Robin's last visit here.

Hey John, where'd you buy them fezzants?

. . . shot 'em? I dunno John, that story is gettin pretty old
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2009, 10:16 PM   #19
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Romig View Post
....Hey John, where'd you buy them fezzants?

. . . shot 'em? I dunno John, that story is gettin pretty old
Well - since you asked... Here is the REST OF THE STORY....

Went to Kansas last year. I was feeling pretty good about the whole thing. You know the feeling...? Well - first time to Kansas. Or the MidWest. Something pulled me out there. Something in my head - a little voice saying "you can shoot them fezzants with a Parka.."...

I listened to that little voice in my head... I heard the voice. The call - the Call of the Wild. The Fezzant call... The call of the beguiled...

So I went to kansas. I made the trip. Heard the voice.. Had me a Parka.. Had me some shells. The voice was louder... "You can shoot those birds.."...

False promises... That voice. Those words....

I spent 15 days in the field. No food. No water. No dog. Just a voice and my Parka and one shell. I figured it was "me" against the fezzants. And that voice... Saying - "You kin shoot them Fezzants, Johnny..."

To make a long story short - I saw a fezzant... I tracked that fezzant. I was on all fours scenting that fezzant - Parka in hand with one shell. I pointed that fezzant when I saw it.. And when I did - that fezzant busted. Straight up. Right up - and the voice said "Shoot - shoot now!!!" - but my Parka wasn't loaded with that one shell. So I reeled about - twisted up - like a pitcher in the National League going after the Stanley Cup in the World Series - and I hucked that shell at the fezzant..

And I missed...

And the voice sez - "don't you worry - I can get you a fezzant..".. And I listened....

Later that day - I hitch-hicked back to town on the back of a dairy truck - just me and my Parka - and so begins the saga of how I got this fezzant.... The one I cooked up tonight.....

Here is that story........

Walking around town after hitch hiking back on the back of a dairy truck - Parka in hand - some guy walks up and sez "Hey Mist'a - I like your Parka". I sez - "Yep - it's a mighty fine Parka"... He looks it over - it's his size - and large Parka in blue. As for me - I don't like that Parka - is it didn't shoot worth a damn.. So I says to the man - that man who was wearing the sunglasses and peering out of the doorway as I walked past with my Parka - I sez "It's a pleasant Parka"...

So - he was confused by what I sed - as I sez "pleasant" Parka. He thought I sed "Fezzant Parka"... So he sez to me - "OK - it's a deal..."

I got a fezzant in place of a pleasant Parka...

I like the fezzant a lot better than the Parka...

I was good with that...

And if you ever hunt in Kansas - remember this story...

People in Kansas are crazy about Parkas... Bring a few Parkas and you will be guaranteed a few fezzants... And if you see a guy with sunglasses, hanging out in a doorway with a blue Parka?

Say Hi for me, OK?

And that is the fezzant I grilled up tonight. It was as good as this post... Whatever that means...

John
Unread 08-14-2009, 10:57 PM   #20
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,232 Times in 12,375 Posts

Now that I believe!!

It looks delicious. I never thought of grilling it wrapped in Bacon. Pretty good idea, how was it?
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote