Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

New book to read on quail hunting from Jim Casada
Unread 02-24-2017, 09:58 AM   #1
King Cobb
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,521 Times in 405 Posts

Default New book to read on quail hunting from Jim Casada

Just wanted to share I had just seen this announcement about a new compilation of articles from Jim on Quail hunting.

http://sportingclassicsdaily.com/gre...ok-collection/

"A big covey of great American authors appears in The Greatest Quail Hunting Book Ever, now available from Sporting Classics. This fascinating anthology features 40 stories from those halcyon days when sporting gentlemen pursued the noble bobwhite quail with their favorite shotguns and elegant canine companions.

To order a copy, click here.

The 400-page book opens with compelling tales by the literary giants from quail hunting’s golden era, including Nash Buckingham, Robert Ruark, Havilah Babcock, Archibald Rutledge, and Horatio Bigelow.

The book’s second section presents reminiscences by sporting scribes of the modern era, among them Jack O’Connor, Gene Hill, Joseph Greenfield, Dave Henderson, and Mike Gaddis.

The third section contains unforgettable short stories on quail hunting and bird dogs by James Street, Bob Matthews, and Dan O’Brien, and more.

The Greatest Quail Hunting Book Ever comes in two versions: a Collector’s Edition, hardcover with dust jacket, for $35 and a Deluxe Edition of 300, leather-bound and signed by co-editors Jim Casada and Bob Matthews, for $75.

- See more at: http://sportingclassicsdaily.com/greatest-quail-hunting-book-collection/#sthash.2X8yvIz0.dpuf"

I have read a portion of the older writers mentioned above, and have greatly enjoyed Jim's past compendiums of authors so thought I would share it.

Unread 02-24-2017, 10:01 AM   #2
King Cobb
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,521 Times in 405 Posts

Also, sporting classics has posted Buckingham's “Golden Sedge and Whirring Wings” from 1930 story on quail hunting if anyone wanted to read it.

http://sportingclassicsdaily.com/amid-whirring-wings/
Unread 02-24-2017, 08:17 PM   #3
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,794 Times in 3,967 Posts

sounds like a great book...charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2017, 08:41 PM   #4
High Brass
Forum Associate

Member Info

I really used to love quail hunting. Until today, I hadn't seen a wild quail in 10 years. I was walking my small farm on Maryland's Eastern Shore where I am retiring and flushed a covey. I'm very happy and surprised.
George Stanton is offline   Reply With Quote