Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Bittersweet
Unread 02-23-2017, 02:35 PM   #1
JLoew
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,143 Times in 830 Posts

Default Bittersweet

One of the best parts of my work with the auction company is the people I get to keep in touch with regularly and get to work with over time to help build collections. It's always bittersweet to help someone sell a collection but the time comes to sell at some point for all of us- We all hope not for a very long time.

For the Spring 2017 (4/11-4/13) Julia auction, I had the privilege of working with PGCA Founding member, Forrest Marshall. Forrest decided it was time to move on the remainder of his collection and we are offering them in the April sale. Truly, it was his idea that was the genesis of the PGCA, and he is also going to be honored by being inducted in to the Hall of Fame this year in April.

In the Poulins auction in April (4/8-4/10), I worked closely with the family of early Life Member Don Burchard. Don passed away in late 2015 and was active in the early years of the PGCA and helped with the Parker Story. There will be 50+ Parkers from his collection in the Poulins sale, many in nice original shape and unusual configurations.

It is always fun to do this work, but at the same time, sad to lose a friend (as we have in Don) and bittersweet to see a collector decide it is time to let someone else enjoy his things as we have in Forrest.
Josh Loewensteiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2017, 06:17 PM   #2
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,786 Times in 4,718 Posts

Early PGCA members were lucky to be able to see Forrest's A-1 Special display that he hauled to more than a few locations, just for us.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Murphy For Your Post:
Unread 02-23-2017, 07:25 PM   #3
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

We are but mere caretakers of these fine firearms. I am strongly considering selling the M70 collection, all the FWTS and all 18 std calibers except a 300WM and the 458WM. It's defiantly a decision that doesn't come lightly but I've always considered the guns as part of my retirement plan and I'm not getting any younger and I'm not using them.
Unread 02-23-2017, 07:30 PM   #4
George M. Purtill Member #28
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,291 Times in 861 Posts

Forrest is a generous man. He has helped me on my Try Gun research immensely. You all will one day see some fabulous pictures courtesy of him. It will be an honor to induct him into the HOF.
George M. Purtill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to George M. Purtill For Your Post: