Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Vintagers Request
Unread 08-24-2009, 07:06 PM   #1
Greg Miller CTGunLaw
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Vintagers Request

Might someone have an old Parker parts gun Action around which they might be willing to demonstrate how to dissassemble while a bunch of us are down at Vintagers. I have read articles on how to do so, but I would like to see a Parker dissassembled and would prefer not to practice on a pristine gun.

Is this something that would be of interest to others, or am I the only Parker owner who has not fully dissassembled a Parker action.

Every other gun I own I can tear down to the last screw and from that it allows me to appreciate how all of the parts actually work. I have seen pictures of a dissassembled Parker,but have never actually seen one dissassembled.
Gregory Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Visit Gregory Miller's homepage!
Unread 08-24-2009, 07:46 PM   #2
Bindlestiff
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,924 Times in 869 Posts

Boy, that's a great idea!

A seminar on Parker inner workings, disassembly and tools required would be great! I think the numbers watching may be big enough that the logistics would be a problem; a good camera and serious camera handling, accompanied by a large screen for viewing may be needed so everyone could see what was going on.
Robin Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2009, 09:00 PM   #3
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,048 Times in 1,727 Posts

Yup,Great idea...but we need to be cautious here.
Unread 08-24-2009, 09:27 PM   #4
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,196 Times in 12,369 Posts

When I was on the BOD of the New England Saltwater Fly Rodders we arranged for different speakers for each of the monthly meetings. Some were guides of note, some were authors of 'in demand' books of various aspects and destinations of fly fishing and probably the speakers who received the most interest were the fly tiers of national and local fame - each of whom had "invented" and developed their own very effective fly patterns. It was always a mob scene around the fly tying table with a good number of members never being able to see of hear what was going on at the table. Then we got a camera and a really BIG TV to show the whole process on along with a clip-on mike for the speaker. What a huge improvement that made.

Great suggestion Robin to augment a great idea from Greg.
Dean Romig is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2009, 09:33 PM   #5
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

"Tools required" may be the most important thing to learn from such a presentation. Anyone who attacks a Parker, be it a Trojan or an A1S, with the wrong 'screwdrivers' deserves the buggered screws and marred surfaces he will undoubtedly get . . . but sorrowfully, the Parker he abuses will not have "deserved" such disrespect and damage.
Parker Breakdown
Unread 08-24-2009, 11:05 PM   #6
Austin W Hogan
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Default Parker Breakdown

I wuld be glad to bring along a lifter and show how to break it down, and show how to repair a lock as well. But I would not attempt to go beyond stock removal on a hammerless.

Best, Austin
Austin W Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2009, 11:40 PM   #7
David Yeatts
PGCA Member

Member Info

Austin
I would love to see a lifter taken down as I will need to take my D-2 down after spending Sat. shooting black powder. I know the locks will need to be removed and cleaned. The firing pins have been cleaned and replaced but I've not had the guts the take on locks.
Thanks, Dave
David Yeatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2009, 12:29 AM   #8
Richard Flanders
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,717 Posts

Too bad I can't be there! I'd be happy to reduce a Parker to a pile of parts for folks. With the correct tools, it's not difficult.... I have not yet attacked an ejector forend however...
Richard Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2009, 02:40 AM   #9
Trigg Davis
Forum Associate

Member Info

Rich,
Great to see you are in contact. Season is open fresh grouse for dinner tonight. Delicious wish you could be here. Looking forward to our tri. Tried a PM that got lost in cyberspace so I am posting here even if off topic.

As a matter of general interst for those South of Alaska it has been warm here; I water skiied yestrday, but the Common Loons seem to be flying more as they always do as fall approaches, a few Canadian Geese seemed to have moved down to Anchorage, saw some sand hill cranes moving about. Young waterfall on the ski lake have grown a great deal; all signs of things to come. I hope that help wet some appetites.

Trigg
Trigg Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2009, 05:49 AM   #10
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Hey Trigg, you're not water skiing on that float plane pond in Anchorage are ya? Could be a dangerous place to ski