Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Hunting with Parkers

Notices

Unread 07-15-2018, 08:46 PM   #11
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,787 Times in 3,967 Posts

this evening my grandson fired up the 9600 and hooked to the disc and started discing the dove field i could see large black clouds in the distance lots of thundering and lighting...he tried to beat the stornm by getting that tractor in high gear but mother nature beat him...rained us out but before the rain we had several birds on the powerline and on the field...when i came in from church there was 3 big turkeys on the field i never tire of seeing these these beautiful birds...so i m hoping for a good turnout of birds...my barn got tore down by the state highway department some day a four lane road is coming right in front of my house...my son has just built a 40x60 pole barn but for the last ten years my tractors have stayed outside in the weather..charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2018, 08:55 PM   #12
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

checked the dove field this evening had about 40 birds on the power lines and some feeding on the ground...now if they will stay....charlie
The Following User Says Thank You to charlie cleveland For Your Post:
Unread 07-17-2018, 03:14 PM   #13
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

there was several birds feeding this morning i stayed far away so i would not spook them...got to go see a man about some wheat soon...i m bush hogging today grandaughters horse pasture look better than my yard...i m resting at the moment the air conditioning on the tractor went out blowed a hose...any way it hot in a cab with no air.... i ll fix it when i get time...charlie
Unread 07-17-2018, 09:35 PM   #14
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,020 Times in 1,158 Posts

I'm ready for a little shooting myself, need to get back to the trap field and warm up. Still doing a bit of fishing, heading out tomorrow for some walleye on the big lake with my ladyfriend.
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Destry L. Hoffard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2018, 09:47 PM   #15
Tom Flanigan
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,253 Times in 425 Posts

I'm getting pretty anxious myself. I plan to start the season in Saskatchewan the third and fourth week of September. The ducks and geese will have not have started their migration south from the breeding grounds and I plan to be there to help them make up their minds to leave early. Let me know if you are free then Destry.
Tom Flanigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2018, 08:00 PM   #16
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

checked the field this evening wrong kind of birds on the field..a big flock of crows were really having a party...went to the house got my 22 rifle out filled the magazine up and shot the 22 till i emeptyed it ruined the party but i had not been invited...ha have a lot of trouble every year with them crows....charlie
Unread 07-18-2018, 10:48 PM   #17
wayne goerres
Forum Associate

Member Info

Charlie I beleave someone on this forum listed some recipe's for crow. Might do a search and then post a couple of the recipe's on a sign in the middle of the field. I have also been giving a lot of thought to how you can keep the doves in your field till September but all I have come up with is double sided tape on the power line. If I could just figure out how to get them off the line in season we will have something.
wayne goerres is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2018, 07:34 PM   #18
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

crow might eat good with the right things cooked with it....now what that might be....i ve eat crow before but no feathers on it...had a big rain last night and this morning hope it aint drowned all the birds gona see right now if any birds is on the power line....charlie
Unread 07-19-2018, 11:06 PM   #19
wayne goerres
Forum Associate

Member Info

The storms are starting to roll in. Next couple of days may get kind of rough.
wayne goerres is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2018, 09:41 PM   #20
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

went out to watch the dove field this evening boy it was hot and humid..daisey and me had jumped into the old 38 chevy coupe parked in a shade opened up both doors and watched for birds...i first saw a few singles then a pair of those big doves the euro asian ones came flying in...they didnot stay long they flew off and i wondered what made them fly..in just about 15 secounds i knew why they flew in come a big hawk lit down in the shade watching for his supper.... after this a few more singles came in i looked to my right and a young doe was checking me out...she watched us about 5 minutes and she whirled and ran back into the woods... it was just to hot the doves were not moveing much....charlie