Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Foto Fridays

Notices

Unread 03-15-2019, 11:17 AM   #21
Tom Flanigan
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,253 Times in 425 Posts

Beautiful Gordon's Gary. They are absolutely classic gun dogs. We see far too few of them today. I always wanted to own a Gordon, but never had the opportunity. You are a fortunate man to have a house full of them. I am in totally sync with you about making sure each of our dogs feel special.
Tom Flanigan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tom Flanigan For Your Post:
Unread 03-15-2019, 11:30 AM   #22
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,471 Times in 3,042 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Flanigan View Post
Beautiful Gordon's Gary. They are absolutely classic gun dogs. We see far too few of them today. I always wanted to own a Gordon, but never had the opportunity. You are a fortunate man to have a house full of them. I am in totally sync with you about making sure each of our dogs feel special.
Thanks, Tom. We fell in love with Gordons after our first one many years ago. She was a dog bred to be hunted from horseback and was a challenge to train and handle. But, she was a bird finding machine. I've also been fortunate to have two "once-in-a-lifetime" males that handled all the birds we hunt and were true grouse dogs. I know Gordons are not for everyone, but they are great companions, true one family dogs, and too smart for their own (and sometimes our) good. And, generally, they have extraordinary noses.

I enjoy all bird hunting breeds, but setters in particular, no matter their color or country of origin. To me they are like a finely engraved shotgun -- especially a Parker! -- beautiful to behold and a pleasure to live with.

I've enjoy reading of your pup's progress and have appreciated the photos. Keep us posted.
Garry L Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Garry L Gordon For Your Post:
Unread 03-21-2019, 07:28 PM   #23
Ed Norman
Forum Associate

Member Info

I ran cash for a half hour today, we go to a snowmobile trail, there is still 1.5 feet of snow up here. He always wants to head into the woods, I am afraid he will pull something in that much snow. My wife and I are taking him to a pheasant farm this sunday an hour south of us there is no snow on the ground. When we first got cash, we put him in his kennel in the living room just like the previous owners did. We both have 2 story homes, so I figured I would keep his surroundings similar so he would adjust easier. That first night I ended up on the recliner with my fingers through the kennel wire. I woke up in the middle of the night with a numb arm, as soon as I moved, he woke up. He made a big sigh, and went back to sleep. Now he sleeps upstairs on a love seat next to our bed. He took over our bed for his naps like this picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cash relaxing.jpg (507.9 KB, 0 views)
Ed Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ed Norman For Your Post: