Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Reproductions

Notices

Parker Repo with beaver tail forearm
Unread 12-09-2009, 02:11 PM   #1
dennis stowers
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Parker Repo with beaver tail forearm

I have seen some adds for 28 ga. Parker repo's that state " RARE BEAVER TAIL FOREARM " JUST WONDERING HOW RARE THIS IS ? I have a 28 ga Parker Repo with 26" barrels , choke Q-1 Q-2 with double trigger , staight stock . Just wondering how rare this gun is . Thanks
dennis stowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2009, 03:21 PM   #2
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,786 Times in 4,718 Posts

I would say one in ten to one in fifteen.
Bill Murphy is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2009, 03:59 PM   #3
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,042 Times in 12,322 Posts

Dennis, that configuration is, in my opinion, the epitome of twenty-eight gauge Repros - for my purposes anyhow.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2009, 09:47 AM   #4
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,786 Times in 4,718 Posts

That is a hard Repro to find in today's market. My first and only Repro was ordered in that configuration in a two barrel set. I have never felt the need to search for another Repro with the exception of the BHE .410 I ordered but did not receive.
Bill Murphy is online now   Reply With Quote
RARE...?..HMMM
Unread 12-10-2009, 10:31 AM   #5
SXS OHIO
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,888 Times in 533 Posts

Default RARE...?..HMMM

Very descriptive sales tool.....the fact is fewer BTF guns were made and even fewer with BTF and double triggers. Jack Skues tells me that about 50% of the repro's had double triggers in the DHE grade. WAY LESS DT guns come up for sale because the owners like them. I myself prefer DT because my original parkers are DT and do not want to confuse my mental train of thought when hunting and shooting. I don't even think about them triggers anymore, its an automatic selection. If the shot is long the left barrel ejects the empty...I did not even know I made that chioce till I opened the gun! Most hard to find repr's are in use or in private collections and not for sale. A better price will be paid for the gun a fella has been watching and weighting for. I have been seeing the used guns selling quite well at a good price as the buyers plan to use them anyway. Top dallar is being paid for the as new collector grade and scarce configurations. I see the big dealers jumping the asking price 500.00-1000.00 and even 2000.00 from the month befor on the repro's in any configuration on a regular basis. Overall this couses a small but regular increase in the market. Fewer deals can be found and those deals do not last overnight! I do not see any change in this trend, the supply can only get smaller and the demand only get bigger. I have been shooting my repro's and find them a joy to own. A quality item indeed with lots of hand work used in their production. A solid investment for the next 100 years or so. No one will ever make a parker this good at a price that could compair. The Parker that remington offeres made by Conneticut shotgun is 49000.00 and I can't see the value there! I will say that the original 5 repro prototypes that Tom Skues had made cost him 50.000.00 each! This paid for factory set up and tooling. The Parker reproductions by Winchester are a great value! Thanks all Kenny Graft SXS ohio...(-:
Kenny Graft is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kenny Graft For Your Post:
Unread 12-10-2009, 05:23 PM   #6
Donovan Kirkpatrick
Forum Associate

Member Info

I have both a 20 and 28 ga. with DT, BTFE, Q1/Q2 and 26" bbls. Got them last year I think and the prices now are above what I gave for them. I must admit I like the 12 ga choked Q1/Q2 with a 14 1/8 LOP. Seems to fit me well.
Donovan Kirkpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote