Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 04-02-2020, 06:52 AM   #11
esetter - Gerry Addison
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,067 Times in 280 Posts

Reggie, I totally agree and it seems to me this is happening more and more within the last few years. I have dealt with this person before with no problems and so I trusted him and his word, but I was also careful to put our agreement in writing so there was no question. I once paid for a repair on a stock after the new owner wrote me 6 months after the purchase saying he had pulled the locks off the gun and found a crack under the locks. He had shot the gun at sporting clays and skeet a number of times but felt the crack had been there when sold. I hadn't pulled the locks and rather than get into a dispute about it I paid for the repair. I lost money on the gun but he was happy and has bought guns from me since. All about trying to do the right thing and being honest. Later today I'll post the emails sent and the name of the member involves so no one else gets burned by his dealings.
Gerry Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gerry Addison For Your Post:
Unread 04-02-2020, 07:54 AM   #12
Bob Jurewicz
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,984 Times in 565 Posts

Had the cast discovery on two (2) purchases in the last three 3 years.
Same results. Both transactions with well known large national Dealers.
I eat both deals! One of these was a $21000 gun and it cost me another $3500 to trade for a gun I could use.
Bob Jurewicz
Bob Jurewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2020, 08:05 AM   #13
DSizemore
PGCA Member

Member Info

This guy should take the gun back and refund shipping both ways. As Dudley said, an unstated cast is presumed neutral.
Dave Sizemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2020, 08:25 AM   #14
esetter - Gerry Addison
PGCA Member

Member Info

I just now received an email saying he would return my money minus shipping charges. He ask that I not ship it until Monday so it doesn't sit over the weekend but I'm not comfortable with that because that would be beyond the three day inspection period and I no longer trust him. Even though I shouldn't have to pay them I won't argue about shipping because I'll just be happy not taking a huge hit on trying to sell a left hand gun.

Bob, I don't know how you swallowed that pill? I have learned to put everything in writing and keep it so there is no question.
Unread 04-02-2020, 08:30 AM   #15
terc
PGCA Member

Member Info

I bought a little 28g Webley & Scott years ago from a dealer in Georgia. It came with a cast on instead of a cast off. I didn't realize it until after the 3 day inspection period. The dealer said it was a consignment gun and he had already paid the consigner. There was nothing he could do. I sent it to Mike Orlen. It came back with the proper cast off. It was still good when I traded it a year or two later.
Dave Tercek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2020, 08:54 AM   #16
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,080 Times in 1,194 Posts

Gerry, send him an email asking if sending the gun back on Monday would be accepted and that three day inspection period was extended. This way you are both covered and I understand about not wanting to ship over a weekend period as I try to avoid that too.
Eric Eis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2020, 10:01 AM   #17
B. Dudley
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 17,518 Times in 4,619 Posts

IF it were me... I would accept notification of intent to return within the 3 day period as good. And I would think that would be the case with many other dealers. Being able to get it under way, or obviously transit times in shipping should not be considered.

But with this guy... who knows what he will try to pull.

I honestly do not worry about things moving over a weekend. How is that any different than during the week.
Unread 04-02-2020, 10:39 AM   #18
Reggie B
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,455 Times in 1,368 Posts

I think its the fact that things "don't move" over the weekend. So if you ship a gun on Friday it basically sits somewhere, in warehouse or in a truck until things start moving on Monday. It increases the time the gun is in "limbo". Unless of course you use some type of expedited shipping which most buyer/sellers don't want to spend the extra money. Its a matter of personal opinion.
Unread 04-02-2020, 11:06 AM   #19
esetter - Gerry Addison
PGCA Member

Member Info

I like most of you have thought that packages don't move on Sunday. I just called UPS and ask that question and was told that they do continue to move along the route and would only be held up at the final destination if they arrive there on Sunday because of no Sunday delivery.
Unread 04-02-2020, 11:26 AM   #20
B. Dudley
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 17,518 Times in 4,619 Posts

Yes. Things DO move over the weekend. Retail locations are just closed and deliveries are not made.