Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Stolen Parkers
Unread 07-30-2023, 12:43 PM   #1
JLoew
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,226 Times in 837 Posts

Default Stolen Parkers

I'm not sure if this is the right forum or place for this, but I have been contacted about 2 stolen Parker shotguns. They were last seen near Spokane being offered for sale by two brothers who claimed they were inherited from their Uncle. They are:

Parker VH 12ga SN 217654
Parker DH 12ga SN 61830

Should you encounter these guns, please let me know. There is an existing police report with Spokane PD and ATF has been alerted for the VH, which is a modern firearm. ATF will not address the DH which was made prior to 1/1/1898.
Josh Loewensteiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2023, 07:44 PM   #2
todd allen
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,278 Times in 1,135 Posts

Best of luck on this, Josh.
todd allen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to todd allen For Your Post:
Unread 07-31-2023, 09:59 AM   #3
Tim Adams
PGCA Member

Member Info

I will keep my eyes open. I am in the area and go to a few gun shows.
Tim Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2023, 10:04 AM   #4
David Noble
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,095 Times in 388 Posts

I’m surprised ATF isn’t addressing the DH. It’s true it was made before 1898, however they have in the past specified that the ruling also mentioned as a condition the firearm could not fire ammunition that was available in the normal channels of trade.
A few years back I had in my store an Eli Whitney .32 rimfire revolver for sale that was an antique and was not in my log book. They wrote me up on it and made me log it into my books to sale as a modern firearm because original .32 rimfire ammunition was available on Gunbroker occasionally. I asked about all the antique Colt single action army’s that were being sold on Gunbroker and other places all the time in 45 Colt and other calibers that were readily available, and was told those sellers were in violation also. And yet it still happens every day even now. It took me ages to sell that Whitney because the collectors didn’t want to have to go thru an FFL to buy it. I ended up selling it below my cost just to get it off my books.
I swear, they make up the rules as they go!
David Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to David Noble For Your Post:
Parkers
Unread 07-31-2023, 06:15 PM   #5
BenTolson
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Parkers

I was contacted by a local Spokane gun shop to come look at a DH a couple weeks back... basically the same story (inherited from uncle)... but by the time I got to the shop to look at the gun the guy was gone... I was pretty bummed because I'd just bought three other Parker's earlier that month. However, shortly afterward the shop owner called and said I was fortunate, that they had been informed the Parker in question had already been sold online, seller cashed the buyers check and was trying to re-sell it again. Haven't heard anything else from the shop about it since.
The 3 Parkers I had purchased were from a different shop, two modern (DHE & VHE) on ATF Form 4473 thru a local FFL and the 1888 Grade 2 went home with me. My first experience into Parker shotguns... got to admit, the learning curve is pretty demanding. I'm a regular at local & regional shows, I'll let others know and if I see or hear of the stolen gun I'll let you know after I contact my cousin, a county Sheriff...
pics of my first Parkers... the grade 2, VHE & DHE...

BenTolson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BenTolson For Your Post: