Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Thank you Randy!
Unread 08-25-2018, 05:09 PM   #11
Rick Roemer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Thank you Randy!

The first annual Hoosier SxS Classic was my first Parker/side by side event and my Dad and I had a great time. Everyone was most welcoming and friendly. And we got to look at and handle some really sweet side by sides. What a great experience. Hope to get to more similar events in the future. Thank you Randy for making it happen.

George Bird Evans
Rick Roemer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rick Roemer For Your Post:
Unread 08-25-2018, 09:07 PM   #12
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,359 Times in 4,428 Posts

Awesome!
Mills Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2018, 08:53 PM   #13
Kenneth Jones (Kenny)
PGCA Member

Member Info

Randy,
Give a run down from your perspective. How did it go and so forth?
KVJ
Kenneth V Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2018, 10:58 PM   #14
Jeff K.
PGCA Lifetime

Admin

Member Info

Thanked 2,793 Times in 651 Posts

I didn't get too many pictures. When the rain stopped, I was too busy
shooting.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0025.jpg (520.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0024.jpg (499.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0022.jpg (514.2 KB, 3 views)
Jeff Kuss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jeff Kuss For Your Post:
Unread 08-27-2018, 08:13 AM   #15
Randy Roberts
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,687 Times in 1,865 Posts

My apologies for the delayed report. After the shoot Saturday I returned home just in time for Mother Nature to pay us a visit and make a mess of things. Had an inch of rain in the blink of an eye and a lot of wind. Spent all day Sunday cleaning up, thankfully no structural damage.

Concerning the shoot Mother Nature played a hand in that as well. There was little doubt that it was going to rain and it did. Shotgun start at 10:10AM and I would guess that at about 10:20AM the rain started. All of the Shooters went back to the club house excepting one group that took shelter in a building on the course. At that point we pulled some guns out for a make shift display. I had 4 long barreled Parkers and a couple of LC Smith Crown Grades, a 12 and a 20. Jeff Kuss brought along several Parkers, a beautiful CH, a 36" VH, but of course the show stopper was his AAH 16 gauge. Most folks had never seen much less handled 36" guns, same goes for the AAH, the engraving impressed a lot of folks. While we were waiting for the rain to stop I took the opportunity to measure a handful of guns. We ate lunch a little early and then shortly after that the rain did pass by. A lot of shooters left after lunch as the radar showed
no signs of it letting up however a gap appeared and at somewhere around 12:45 we were able to get back out and complete the course in dry weather. I am not certain but I think about 12-15 shooters stuck around and shot, the sun actually came out. I shot with Jeff Kuss who made the 3 1/2 drive in 5 hours due to construction and also Chuck Dredge (PGCA member) who drove 3 hours. Interestingly enough the two of them spent a year in college together way back in the day.

In summary I can tell you that we had 42 shooters show up. In as bad as the weather was I have had no less than 20 of them either tell me personally, text or email how much they enjoyed it even though it rained and the common theme was that this has to be an annual event so who am I to argue. Along the lines of next year I am open to suggestions or ideas that anyone may have to improve the event. Please do email me if you have any.

I want to thank Catherine Smith and Mary Shoemaker. Catherine is the wife of PGCA member Brian Smith and Mary is the wife of Ted Shoemaker who is a member of the LCSCA. These two ladies chipped in and handled the lunch and some other things and they did a great job. Also Fred Neal of Neals Chop Shop in Greensburg,IN who provided the lunch which was excellent. A big Thank You to all of you and to all of the folks that attended. For those that stayed for the duration we had a little "Aimin Oil" at the conclusion. See you all next year !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG953722.jpg (145.5 KB, 2 views)
Randy G Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Randy G Roberts For Your Post:
Unread 08-27-2018, 03:14 PM   #16
Kenneth Jones (Kenny)
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanks Randy, I will plan next year so as not to conflict with other commitments. By the way the hats are a class act.
KVJ
Kenneth V Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kenneth V Jones For Your Post: