Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Shotgun Shell Reloading

Notices

Ordered from BPI but shown backordered ......
Unread 10-28-2021, 07:45 AM   #1
Cold Spring
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 6,312 Times in 1,219 Posts

Default Ordered from BPI but shown backordered ......

FWIW: twice now I've cyber-ordered components shown by BPI in stock and received an emailed order confirmation but a day or so later those orders showed "out of stock, backordered". I recently emailed and then spoke with a gent at BPI who told me that happens because of an internet feeding frenzy before they download orders from the internet and match those orders against stock actually on hand. Besides being disappointed my feedback to the gent was how they need a real time order/stock reconciliation system, and he said BPI is aware of that but with unprecedented demand and for the time being that's how it works. Here's the emailed explanation from BPI. Basically it means that phoned in orders seem to be given priority. Yep, try phoning in at 11 pm some evening when something shows in stock, versus doing a cyber-order on your account right then .....

"phone orders are input immediately in the system and internet orders have a delay as we download them a couple times a day. Items go out of stock from phone orders sometimes before we download and upload data to the internet. We do not have a live feed to the interent and have to upload and download from the website. I have forwarded your comments to our management".
Frank Srebro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Frank Srebro For Your Post:
Unread 10-28-2021, 10:43 AM   #2
Twoatlow8
PGCA Member

Member Info

All you need to do is place a back order for what you want. It will require setting up an account with your credit card.
Your back order will be active for 60 days.
If the item is not in stock by then, you have to renew your back order.
This has worked well for me.
Unread 10-28-2021, 10:49 AM   #3
J. A. EARLY
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,693 Times in 871 Posts

They aren't they aren't the only ones who do this. Tractor Supply had a closeout on gun safes. Verified the store had one, only one. Ordered it online that morning. Got confirmation. Took my time and went there later, thirty minute drive. Guy was there buying it when I walked in. Told the manager I had purchased it first. She said no, not until they ran my card and they had not checked internet orders. I informed her that she was wrong, it was mine and he could drive forty-five miles to the next store that had one. I did not get nasty but told her that her lack of employees was not my problem but she said she would call the police if I did not leave the store. Never got any satisfaction from the store or the national headquarters.
Jerry Harlow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jerry Harlow For Your Post: