Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Restoration

Notices

Unread 09-10-2023, 03:01 PM   #11
SheldonLong
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Harlow View Post
Dear Moderators,

I am asking that this poster be removed from ever posting again.

He sold me the Parker parts and advised me of his schedule. I advised him that I would send the funds over the weekend, which was nowhere near over when he sold them to someone else. Then he sends me an e-mail telling me that he had lied to me and sold them to someone else. Below are his e-mails. I have dealt with our members on multiple transactions and have never had any problems; and I am sure the members I have dealt with will agree. I suggest that any posts about what is the value or parts for sale that are not posted by members be removed immediately. Below are my e-mails and agreement he made to sell the parts and my agreement to buy them over the weekend which obviously is not over and he admits he could not ship until Monday so there was no urgency on my part as long as I did it as I indicated.

Sent: Friday, September 8, 2023 9:49 PM
To: JH <xxxxxx@whatevermail.com>
Subject: Re: Parker Pieces Pics

That will work. What year was it made? I can ship out on Monday. PayPal is Slong@duke.edu or Venmo is @Sheldon-Long-2
Shoot me your preferred mailing address and I will send you a picture of the package with label and tracking number some time Sunday. I work all day Saturday.
Sheldon

On Fri, Sep 8, 2023 at 10:38 PM JH <xxxxxx@whatevermaill.com> wrote:
OK. I will send pay pal over the weekend, and I will send a link to the ATF site that lists my FFL.

sheldon long <splashredrocket@gmail.com> Sun/9-10-2023 10:51 a.m.

Jerry,
Somebody else just bought the parts.
Thanks,
Sheldon
Jerry,
As I stated in my email to you, I have had countless people commit to online purchases only to disappear. We communicated on Friday and it was after I messaged you to let you know parts were gone (Sunday afternoon) did I hear back from you. PayPal transaction takes about 4 minutes to execute, I went with a guy ready to move now.

Sorry for the inconvenience. If it makes you feel any better, I will cancel my profile here as I no longer own anything Parker.
SheldonLong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2023, 04:50 PM   #12
J. A. EARLY
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,693 Times in 871 Posts

Sheldon,

Read what we agreed to! I was busy with a family medical issue. I told you I would "send pay pal over the weekend." Do you not understand English? You agreed to that. I got up this morning early and went to church and Sunday school, only to come home to send you money, my address, and the link I promised you. The internet is not my priority and I don't stay on it all day. If you had not seen the money by the end of today, then you could have moved on. Learn one's word should mean something. Buying junk Parker parts were not my priority this weekend. Finding a doctor for my wife was. You have no ethics about you. Members of this organization do!

Moderators,

Sending a notice to all non-members that any request for "what is my gun worth? and "I have these parts for sale" to require a membership before it is posted is my suggestion.

p.s. In none of the emails to me did you indicate anything about people disappearing from on-line purchases. This was not a purchase from whatever site you use for your other stuff. I know how this works. We agreed to a price and you got a higher offer and could not keep your word.
Jerry Harlow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jerry Harlow For Your Post:
Unread 09-10-2023, 05:11 PM   #13
SheldonLong
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Harlow View Post
Sheldon,

Read what we agreed to! I was busy with a family medical issue. I told you I would "send pay pal over the weekend." Do you not understand English? You agreed to that. I got up this morning early and went to church and Sunday school, only to come home to send you money, my address, and the link I promised you. The internet is not my priority and I don't stay on it all day. If you had not seen the money by the end of today, then you could have moved on. Learn one's word should mean something. Buying junk Parker parts were not my priority this weekend. Finding a doctor for my wife was. You have no ethics about you. Members of this organization do!

Moderators,

Sending a notice to all non-members that any request for "what is my gun worth? and "I have these parts for sale" to require a membership before it is posted is my suggestion.

p.s. In none of the emails to me did you indicate anything about people disappearing from on-line purchases. This was not a purchase from whatever site you use for your other stuff. I know how this works. We agreed to a price and you got a higher offer and could not keep your word.
Jerry,

I am guessing you slept through that Church and Sunday School .
Have a great week and I hope life gets easier for you.

Bye~
SheldonLong is offline   Reply With Quote