Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 02-06-2020, 09:13 PM   #11
Milton C Starr
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 1,001 Times in 463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy G Roberts View Post
Thanks to the PGCA and its members unfortunate incidents like that are most often times avoided now. At least for the PGCA members anyway.
I would think people who are going to buy a rare or expensive Parkers would be a member here but I suppose anything is possible .
Milton C Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Milton C Starr For Your Post:
Unread 02-07-2020, 04:29 AM   #12
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,861 Times in 4,750 Posts

I have a 32-18, a 30-26, and a 28-24, all part of my collection, but the price was right. The 30-26 was represented by HC as an original skeet gun and he refused to refund when confronted. The gun was made before the introduction of "skeet". The correspondence between the buyer and HC was quite interesting.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Murphy For Your Post:
Unread 02-07-2020, 04:45 AM   #13
Milton C Starr
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Murphy View Post
I have a 32-18, a 30-26, and a 28-24, all part of my collection, but the price was right. The 30-26 was represented by HC as an original skeet gun and he refused to refund when confronted. The gun was made before the introduction of "skeet". The correspondence between the buyer and HC was quite interesting.
I have learned to do a bit more research in the future regarding purchases of vintage doubles , especially certain makes where the information is no longer available . Ive encountered problems not listed with the guns .
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Milton C Starr For Your Post:
Unread 02-07-2020, 06:01 AM   #14
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,225 Times in 12,373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton C Starr View Post
I would think people who are going to buy a rare or expensive Parkers would be a member here but I suppose anything is possible .

There are a great number of owners of fine and high grade Parkers who are not PGCA members - some never have been while others joined, got what they needed and let their membership lapse while others, due to conditions beyond their control, didn’t remember to renew their memberships.

I find being a Life Member is a huge benefit... and I don’t have to remember to renew.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 02-07-2020, 03:14 PM   #15
Milton C Starr
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Romig View Post
There are a great number of owners of fine and high grade Parkers who are not PGCA members - some never have been while others joined, got what they needed and let their membership lapse while others, due to conditions beyond their control, didn’t remember to renew their memberships.

I find being a Life Member is a huge benefit... and I don’t have to remember to renew.

Ive been thinking of upgrading to life member when mine comes up for renewal later this year .

I think collecting Parkers is a investment or anything well known sxs maker and the membership here is a part of that . Besides the knowledge of alot of other double guns is abundant here as well .
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Milton C Starr For Your Post:
Unread 02-08-2020, 07:04 PM   #16
Keith Doty
PGCA Member

Member Info

I LOOK for 26" guns for quail and ducks over decoys but am always wary. To find that a purchase was one that had had the barrels cut would be a big disappointment. I recently "chased down" an 0 frame 16 VH with 26" barrels, I/C x Mod and plan the last licks of quail season with it in hand.
Keith Doty is offline   Reply With Quote