Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Hunting with Parkers

Notices

hunting
Unread 01-26-2020, 11:20 AM   #1
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,787 Times in 3,967 Posts

Default hunting

yesterday i went hunting deer with a cousin of mine not a deer did we see saw a big hog track though...late in the evening about 3 oclock i seen several turkeys coming our way turned out there was 10 of them..they fed for a while on the green plot then went into the woods i thought they must be going up to the roost...in just about 20 minutes here came another bunch of turkeys 7 of them then as they fed the other grop of 10 turkeys came and joined this bunch of turkeys we now had 17 jakes on the field... they fed about an hour and then left the field...then just a few minutes before we got down from our stand 3 more turkeys came out of the woods they only fed a few minutes and left the field all total there was 20 of them turkeys...yes i enjoyed seeing all them birds...was a good day of hunting ...... charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2020, 10:02 PM   #2
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,471 Times in 3,042 Posts

Charlie, the weather finally let us get to Iowa for quail. The snow was deep and crusted, and we found no quail. However, we had some nice turkey points and I could have taken two or three from over points. We literally had to kick them out to make them flush. I wish we could shoot turkeys over dogs here. Kansas allows it. I'm guessing your season is over?
Garry L Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2020, 10:36 PM   #3
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

our deer seson goes out this january 31 so got a few days left to hunt...our turkey season starts in march...squirl season and rabbit and quail go thru febuary..but we have no huntable numbers of quail anymore and not many rabbits...several turkeys though...charlie
The Following User Says Thank You to charlie cleveland For Your Post:
Unread 01-27-2020, 09:45 AM   #4
Stan Hillis
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,898 Times in 1,112 Posts

That's the kind of afternoon that keeps you coming back to the woods. The more time you spend the more you see. Sounds like a good place to be in a couple months when spring turkey season comes in.

Thanks, SRH
Stan Hillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2020, 11:54 AM   #5
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,307 Times in 4,412 Posts

I have had a good season with some very memorable hunts, but it has slowed down of late. Hoping to get my bird dog on quail one more time before the season ends.
Mills Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2020, 08:48 PM   #6
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

i went hunting deer this afternoon was another bust...but it sure was a fine afternoon not a cloud around it got pretty warm i had to fight to keep from going to sleep a coupla times...if every thing goes well i will slip off tommorrow for another go at it...charlie