Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Restoration

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
to restore or not to restore
Unread 01-27-2011, 08:20 AM   #1
KrisHamilton
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default to restore or not to restore

hello to all the fellow Parker Gun devotees.

i was listening to a radio program on the CBC yesterday morning about the Canadian government funding the restoration of the Bluenose II, or rather *secretive* demolition and rebuild of the ship. Im guessing the government didnt make the project public for the sake of the controversy it would bring.
Once the ship is finished it will look more like the original Bluenose 1 not the Bluenose II.. they said. They interviewed the editor from the magazine The Wooden Boat and his opinion of the project was that if even the rudder is salvaged and nothing else is original then it should still be called the Blusenose 1, 2, 3 or whatever and it still contains the spirit of the original ship.

While listening to this program i could not help but compare the discussions on whether to restore a Parker shotgun or not and its over all value.

I have a parker shotgun that not only needs a restoration but *mechanical repair.
Im thinking if im going to go ahead and fix the innards why not the outside as well.

i'll add a few pictures of my Parker

...its nothing fancy but suits my needs.

Top lever is broken, im going to spot weld and file that down to put the barrels back on-face, and im going to fit a new buttstock, something would fit the original. and i was thinking about re-bluing.

Since ive never completely disassembled a receiver is there an online guide. i have proper screwdrivers.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/krische...7625917024284/

thoughts??
krishamilton is offline   Reply With Quote