Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 04-21-2024, 07:13 PM   #21
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,287 Times in 12,390 Posts

Last week I had a much longer and in depth and more personal communication with Daniel but the message was essentially the same.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 04-22-2024, 09:46 AM   #22
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,884 Times in 4,762 Posts

That would be the "end of May". I am looking forward to that event. Thanks.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill Murphy For Your Post:
Unread 04-22-2024, 02:37 PM   #23
William Woods
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

I contacted Heidi some time ago to order Vol III of the Index. I have never had a problem with any order from them over the years and do not anticipate any problem with the latest.
William Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to William Woods For Your Post:
Unread 04-30-2024, 07:34 PM   #24
Ken Hill
PGCA Member

Member Info

Daniel posted this on Facebook. It looks like he’s having trouble with getting the same type cover used in the past and is now going with a different color/cover. Looks like Index 3 will ship the end of June.

“ 90% finished with the preparation of the book BUT have not been able to find a producer of the cover material (in color or texture), as the producer in Germany, where we procured the leatherette for the slipcases has closed down, leaving us with our second choice (Skivertex) which no longer produces the color and texture we used for Index 2 more than 16 years ago. Since we are so far behind and running out of options, we will probably have to go with a much different cover material in a different color. Since the last too-many years of DGJ publication we operated at a loss since our subscriptions fell dramatically beginning in Sept. of 2001 (12,000), our advertising revenue followed suit, as the younger generation's taste for our favorite guns & rifles moved to target guns and pistols (understandably for self defense and for the times we are facing politically). As enthusiasm in our guns waned, postage costs escalated to a point making the shipping costs to foreign countries prohibitive for most of our subscribers then living in more than 60 foreign countries... so we lost those subscribers as well. At the time we discontinued production of DGJ, we had approximately 3300 faithful subscribers, and to those we sent a pre-order card for the Index 3 , back issues, slipcases , and our other products. Subscribers with remaining issues due them were given credit towards Index 3 and any of our products. Please hang on despite our misfortunes...there is the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel, and by June of this year we should be shipping the long-awaited book to you. Those of you who would like a refund of the pre-publication price you paid, please contact us and we will make good. Meanwhile, to all those who have not experienced Index 1 or 2, they are both available in digital and hard copy at our website ( thedoublegunjournal.net). These are both nearing sell-out , so we offer them in digital format especially for you members not residing in the USA at only $ 9 each. They are your quintessential "tool" to find anything and everything we published in the first 64 issues of the journal. . . all available now in both digital and first edition printed copies. Meanwhile, please allow me to answer your questions on this site. Thanks for your past patronage and interest in the future of The Double Gun & Single Shot Journal. Daniel & Joanna”

Ken
Ken Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ken Hill For Your Post:
Unread 05-01-2024, 09:00 AM   #25
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,669 Times in 3,103 Posts

Good things come to he who waits.
Garry L Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Garry L Gordon For Your Post: