Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Parker Gathering/Fun Shoot-Indiana
Unread 07-03-2018, 12:25 PM   #1
Randy Roberts
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,659 Times in 1,854 Posts

Default Parker Gathering/Fun Shoot-Indiana

As some of you already know I have been attempting to organize a gathering/shoot in SE Indiana on 08/25/18. Below is the information as was sent out to PGCA members that are residents of IN,OH, & KY. Mary Bowes was kind enough to help with their email information. It was originally sent to those members as it seemed only logical to reach out to local folks and I had no clue what the interest would be and the club in question can only handle so many shooters. As for now it appears that I have about 15 shooters lined up so we are in need of more. Below is the actual email that was sent out. Please look it over and feel free to reach out to me if you have questions and do let me know if you have an interest... Thanks !!
Some of you folks I know so for those of you that I have not had the pleasure of meeting let me simply state that I am a fellow Parker shooter and I would have to add
the word accumulator or possibly collector behind that tag. The purpose of my reaching out to you folks is to determine if there is enough interest within the tri-state area
of IN, OH, and KY to organize a gathering/shoot. For now I have been in touch with the PGCA and they have furnished contact info for members in these states. At some
point in time I will extend the invitation to all PGCA members but it seems only logical to start more locally.
Basically this all began back in April, 2018 when I had the idea of getting some Parker folks together and meeting at Elk Creek for a shoot and lunch afterwards. It worked out
very well and we all got to meet some new folks and see some cool guns, and shoot ! Some of you may have seen it mentioned on the Parker Forum where Mike Franzen
posted it. It seems as though from there the idea was spun that this gathering was a good thing and that we should attempt to organize a few events. I am sure some of you
have read on the forum where John Davis is having one in GA, actually in just a few days. The theme if you will would be to gather as many Parker folks together as we can.
In the perfect world everyone would be shooting a Parker but this is not a requirement, shoot any SxS you like. You need not be a member to attend so feel free to bring
a friend or friends as we are going to need at least 25 shooters as that is the club minimum participation. This is not a full time facility so they need numbers to make it worth
their time setting up etc.
We have a local gun club near my home called the Tri-County Coon Hunters and they have a real nice sporting clays course that is about 3 miles south of Batesville, IN which
is in the SE part of the state just off I-74. The course has evolved over the years to the point of 12 stations with newer Pro-Matic traps and wireless releases at each station of
which there are 12. The course is a perfect blend of shots. Nothing long, most all can be shot with a skeet choke, a couple might require an IC but yet it is set up with some
challenging angles and speeds. They do not have carts for rent however the course is relatively short and is all in the woods excepting 1 station and is easily walked. I am sure
some of the local folks will have carts there to assist if need be if the walking is to strenuous, get there and we will get you around, I promise. In an attempt not to get to long
winded the following are some points of interest:
• Shoot date would be Saturday, August 25, 2018.
• Start time would be 10:00AM (Shotgun start)
• Squad with whomever you like
• Should be finished around noon
• Lunch would be available
• Total cost including lunch/100 birds will be $40.00 max, hopefully less.
• Batesville has 2 primary hotels close by (Hampton & Quality Inns) and ample dining
• Cincinnati and Indianapolis are both about an hour away via I-74
• Bring anything you have to sell, trade, show off or just discuss
• This is a non-competitive fun shoot with no trophies or prize money.

At this point if you could let me know if you have any interest I will proceed with making the arrangements and please do let me know if you should have any questions. I hope
we can make this work. Thanks !

Randy G. Roberts
Hummel Winters Agency
118 W Indian Trail Unit 1
Milan, IN 47031
PH: 812-654-2071
Fax:812-654-3220
www.hummelinsurance-milan.com
Randy G Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Randy G Roberts For Your Post:
Unread 07-04-2018, 09:25 PM   #2
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,332 Times in 4,418 Posts

Excellent! Our shoot in Georgia was fun and anyone who can go to this shoot should.
Mills Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mills Morrison For Your Post:
UPDATE
Unread 07-25-2018, 12:34 PM   #3
Randy Roberts
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Default UPDATE

UPDATE:I can tell everyone for certain that this thing is a GO! I have been on a recruiting mission and so far it appears that we have about 33 confirmed shooters some of which are hoping to bring along shooters which are not included in the 33. There are also a handful of folks that have shown interest and may attend and then there are those I am still in pursuit of so I do expect the number to grow. I attended the Elk Creek Commonwealth SxS shoot and a local sporting clays shoot this weekend and managed to recruit some additional shooters. I will be attending a shoot in Indy this weekend and will be doing a little campaigning there as well. By my count we have 11 PGCA members that are shooting with some driving great distances. I will elaborate on that after the shoot as I am uncertain who is traveling the greatest distance. I know of one from KY that has to be pushing 4 hours and another from VA that I suspect is of a similar distance.
It was suggested by a shooter (Ed Livezey) that I name this the "HOOSIER SxS CLASSIC" and make it an annual event. Who am I to argue with that logic. So for now we have a new name and as for the annual part I would not rule it out. We have room for more shooters so please let me know if you can make it.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Randy G Roberts For Your Post:
Unread 07-25-2018, 12:39 PM   #4
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,332 Times in 4,418 Posts

That is excellent!
Mills Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mills Morrison For Your Post:
Hoosier SxS
Unread 08-06-2018, 07:31 AM   #5
Rick Roemer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Hoosier SxS

Hi
I still plan to make this shoot. Looking forward to it. Everything still as planned? Thx

George Bird Evans
Rick Roemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2018, 08:09 AM   #6
Randy Roberts
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Hey Rick:

Everything is still as planned. I did not have you on the list of attendees but you are now. Will you be coming alone or bringing someone ? I will be sending out an update about 2 weeks in advance and another just prior to the shoot. I sent an update out on 07/25, did you get it ? Want to be sure I have the correct email address for you ? Thanks !
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Randy G Roberts For Your Post:
Unread 08-08-2018, 06:07 PM   #7
Kenneth Jones (Kenny)
PGCA Member

Member Info

Randy,
If you compile a list of contacts for this event in the future, add me to it. I plan for it.
Kenny
Kenneth V Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2018, 07:49 AM   #8
Randy Roberts
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Kenny:

Looks like you joined the PGCA after I obtained the list for OH so if you would PM me your email address I will add you to the list. Are you planning on attending this year ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth V Jones View Post
Randy,
If you compile a list of contacts for this event in the future, add me to it. I plan for it.
Kenny
UPDATE-DRIVING DIRECTIONS
Unread 08-10-2018, 09:50 AM   #9
Randy Roberts
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Default UPDATE-DRIVING DIRECTIONS

Hard to believe that this shoot is just a tad over 2 weeks away. Since the last update my recruiting mission has stalled a little. We are in competition with a local shoot and also the KY State Shoot. Can't help that as I had only two days to choose from. I am still expecting 30+ shooters so it should be a good time. I have been in touch with a local business that will be providing a pulled pork lunch, I can attest to their food, it will be good.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS--Please pay special attention to this if you are coming from out of town. You "cannot" google this facility to get there. If you do you will end up at their trap & skeet fields near the town of Batesville about 5 miles from the sporting clays course. The shoot facility has no physical address but is easy to get to as follows:
For those of you coming in on I-74 which lies just N of Batesville you will exit 74 at the Batesville exit 149. Turn S on IN 229 . You will travel about .1 miles to a left turn (East) on to SR 46. Go about 1.5 miles to a right turn (South) on SR 129. You will travel 5 miles to the facility on your right.
For those of you coming in from the South there are many options but you all are going to end up on SR 129 at some point. I would suggest that you look at a map and you will see the junction of SR 129 and SR 350 which is about 10 miles S of Batesville. The facility is 4.9 miles N of the junction and will be on your left heading N towards Batesville. There is a white sign out by the road that will be hard to miss.
If anyone has any questions over the directions feel free to call or email and I will help out. I plan on sending one final update out just prior to the shoot. Thanks and see you all soon !
Final Pre Shoot Update
Unread 08-22-2018, 08:32 AM   #10
Randy Roberts
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Default Final Pre Shoot Update

Only a hand full of days remaining and as of now the weather Gods are going to cooperate. Looks like a low in the upper 60's and a high in the lower 80's for Saturday with "NO" rain. Some of you may be coming in from areas lacking rain, well this is not one of them as we are something like 6" OVER for the month so far. As a reminder this is going to be a 10:00AM shotgun start. The gate at the club will be open around 9:00AM. I would suggest about a 9:30AM arrival. If you have a cart please do bring it as there are none available to rent. The course can be walked but it's always nice to have at least one cart for your squads gear, any help there is appreciated. Lunch will follow immediately and then afterwards maybe we can all get together for a little show and tell and maybe even sale so if you have some eye candy please do bring it. The response to this shoot has been tremendous so we should have a good crowd. Looking forward to seeing all of you Saturday !!
The Following User Says Thank You to Randy G Roberts For Your Post: