Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Shotgun Shell Reloading

Notices

Unread 09-30-2010, 01:11 PM   #11
Coach
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

John,

From what I have read and heard from others is that there is no reliable method of conversion. I understand that PSI is measured as peak pressure and LUP (Lead Unit of Pressure) is sort of cumulative because a small lead slug is actually crushed to make the reading.

Carl.
Carl Brandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2010, 02:34 PM   #12
Paul Harm
Forum Associate

Member Info

PSI is about 1000 higher than LUP for shotgun pressure range. I loved the PB but it got to expensive. Maybe you weren't loading enough to generate enough pressure for a clean burn. Any of you guys who live close to Bald Mountain come on up to my home range - Lapeer County Sportsmans Club. We have a 5-Stand, Sporting Clays, and Duck Towers [at this time of year]. Think you'll find us cheaper, more friendly, and more fun. We're open Tuesdays, Fridays, and Sundays. Give me a call at home if you're thinking of coming; there's not always someone at the club to answer the phone. I run the shotgun venue, so we can set up what ever you want. We also have wobble trap, skeet, and trap. Call me at 810-724-5582. Paul
Paul Harm is offline   Reply With Quote
Visit Paul Harm's homepage!
Unread 10-01-2010, 11:02 AM   #13
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,787 Times in 3,967 Posts

will have to get me some of that 800x powder and try it...how did the flight turn out richard good i hope....always wanted to hunt alaska but would settle just for a glimse of it...thanks for all the info fellas on the 800x powder..i guess we all are looking for that perfect load.........charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2010, 10:27 PM   #14
Richard Flanders
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,717 Posts

Long story Charlie. I was 10hrs enroute to go the 480 miles. Started out in ferocious headwinds, low clouds/fog and drizzle and 33deg but never iced up; not sure why. It had to be close. After 100miles on the deck up a river canyon it opened up and from there on it was just headwinds up to 45mph. I made it home in time to visit a dying friend one last time; he died 3.5hrs later so it was worth the difficult flite.
Richard Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2010, 12:18 AM   #15
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,787 Times in 3,967 Posts

sorry to here of your friends death....seems like a lot of my old side kicks have left me lately also....do not see how that plane did not ice up...somebody was looking out for you....weathers hot in miss.righr now 93 today...to hot to even squirl hunt...got my dads oldl lefever 10 ga that ive been wanting to squirl hunt with...never used this gun on any thing but turkeys....time to see if it will do a good job on those tough squirls....its been in semi retirement for about the last 5 years....jack cronchrite gave me the idea to start hunting and using all my old odd guns...thanks jack....hope the weather dont get to cold up there in alaska...id trade a few of our warm days for some of your cool ones....as they say keep it between the ditches........ charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote