Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 09-10-2019, 11:25 AM   #31
Milton C Starr
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 1,001 Times in 463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Murphy View Post
I shot a Fox at about 50 yards with steel BBs in my AYA ten from an upstairs window. He dropped like a rock, but I gave him a second shot in case he revived while I was coming downstairs. Our RSA has a bait pole with space for a dead duck at the top, but set out at a range for a rifle shot, not a shotgun shot. I'm not sure what the range limit is for a shotgun against a fox or a coyote. However, I have shot 60 yard patterns with a tightly bored Fox with 1 1/4 ounces of lead #4s that would have put a bunch shot into a fox.
I would like to try lead T shot , steel T shot always pattern well out of my 10 ga magnums . Alot of coyotes hunters seem to favor #4 buck as well . Not sure what would be the maximum shot sized you would want to shoot from a fixed full choke 8 gauge .
Milton C Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2019, 12:07 PM   #32
Craig Larter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 10,410 Times in 1,645 Posts

Out of curiosity I call the shop listing the gun that was the subject of this topic. It is a 36" gun but the stock dimensions are 2 1/8"DAC x 4" DAH. They could not measure the bore, chokes or chambers. That would be a hard gun to shoot with those dimensions.
Craig Larter is offline   Reply With Quote