Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 02-09-2024, 07:22 AM   #31
B. Dudley
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 17,657 Times in 4,633 Posts

It is not a 1/2 frame gun. It is a 1-1/2
Unread 02-09-2024, 07:59 AM   #32
edgarspencer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 11,589 Times in 3,119 Posts

It’s a 1 1/2 frame
edgarspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2024, 09:14 AM   #33
Harry Gietler
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd allen View Post
I want that gun, but A: I can't afford it, and B: I would get frustrated owning something that nice that I couldn't use.
I have sold most of my guns that are too nice to use, even though I did use them all to one extent or another.
Hello Todd, If that was a Single Trigger Gun, You guys wouldn't be talking
about it, It would have been Sold by Now. I would be the Proud Owner!

Harry
Harry Gietler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2024, 10:12 AM   #34
Andy
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,496 Times in 981 Posts

I don't really have the knowledge to judge but would say I don't believe it for a few reasons.

There are some dents in the stock clearly visible
The trigger guard engraving does look soft as pointed out
The trigger guard screw does not look untouched
It's CSMC so as far as pissing in cheerios, they've done a lot of pissing over the years and they've turned a lot of people off. We all have to go by prior experience and in the past 2-3 years I know more unhappy people than happy people who have dealt with them. The latest is a friends gun they had for nearly 10 months before they told him it was a repair they don't even do.
Unread 02-09-2024, 04:53 PM   #35
78CJ
PGCA Member

Member Info

The trigger guard is very suspect. That and the dents in the stock clearly take it far from 100% new. Put me in the man I wish they would just be a stand up company crowd. And yes, I have had sour dealings and that was only a $1300 VH......SMH
Ryan Brege is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2024, 05:47 PM   #36
Steve Hodges
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,264 Times in 904 Posts

These last two posts bashing Connecticut Shotgun are just the reason I hate reading feedback on companies online. It seems that the negative rises to the top and if you let it you would probably never buy from anyone again. I have happened to have had a good experience dealing with them. Six or seven years ago I got an itch for a made in USA modern double for clay, made to my dimensions with the options that I wanted. I live in Central NH so I traveled to Connecticut Shotgun and met with a sales person to have a custom RBL built for me. . I picked out the wood, barrel length, number of triggers, 2, finish type and heel treatment. I said that I wanted it light for a 12, so they built it on a 16 gauge frame. And the stock of course to my fitting. What I received was a wonderful gun that became my go to clays gun. The only issue was that I was not quite happy with the finish, but it was not so bad that I sent it back. Fast forward 5 years and I was at Housemans and walked by the CSMC tent and happed to have my RBL with me. I showed the person the gun and told him how pleased that I was with it and asked him what he thought of the finish on the sock. He did not think that it was up to there standards and took my gun back with him and has the entire stock refinished and sent back to me. I was very pleased with the new results. Good customer service in my book.
Daniel Webster once said ""Men hang out their signs indicative of their respective trades; shoemakers hang out a gigantic shoe; jewelers a monster watch, and the dentist hangs out a gold tooth; but in the mountains of New Hampshire, God Almighty has hung out a sign to show that there He makes men."
Stephen Hodges is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2024, 06:05 PM   #37
Steve Hodges
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,264 Times in 904 Posts

My RBL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9737 (002).jpg (535.1 KB, 4 views)
Daniel Webster once said ""Men hang out their signs indicative of their respective trades; shoemakers hang out a gigantic shoe; jewelers a monster watch, and the dentist hangs out a gold tooth; but in the mountains of New Hampshire, God Almighty has hung out a sign to show that there He makes men."
Stephen Hodges is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Stephen Hodges For Your Post:
Unread 02-09-2024, 06:10 PM   #38
78CJ
PGCA Member

Member Info

See, the trouble is times are changing. The WWW has offered the opportunity for all to share experiences that normally were just word of mouth at shows. I know my view is unpopular but reality. Ironically there is always talk of the future of collecting and myself and my peers are that future.

The "Good 'ol boys club" is going to lose to the transparency of the internet. Plain and simple.

I wouldn't be surprised to find a Superposed butt plate on this "NIB" Parker just like my all original VH showed up with. YMMV.
Ryan Brege is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2024, 07:11 PM   #39
Pa SxS
Research Chairman
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,986 Times in 1,426 Posts

I won't comment on anything other than the case colors and wood. The add never said the gun was never handled. Doesn't take much to scratch or dent the wood. In my opinion the case colors are excellent and original. They are what I call the second generation of case colors meaning a different pattern or placement of colors on the metal. Having the box certainly adds to the value. How much I don't know.
Chuck Bishop is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chuck Bishop For Your Post:
Unread 02-09-2024, 08:27 PM   #40
edgarspencer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 11,589 Times in 3,119 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Sacco View Post
I don't really have the knowledge to judge but would say I don't believe it for a few reasons. Your not alone. There are lots of people out there that lack the knowledge, and yet, there they are, making judgements.

There are some dents in the stock clearly visible Yes, I see them, and saw them with the gun in my hand. Quite shallow, but there.
The trigger guard engraving does look soft as pointed out
The trigger guard screw does not look untouchedThe engraving is crisp, but Remington did not Nitre blue the trigger guards, as was done in Meriden. Cold rust bluing is a micro rusting process, and does have the effect of 'softening' edges. Digital photography depth of field focuses on one edge, but having it in hand and rotating it in good light trups the best picture.
It's CSMC so as far as pissing in cheerios, they've done a lot of pissing over the years and they've turned a lot of people off. We all have to go by prior experience and in the past 2-3 years I know more unhappy people than happy people who have dealt with them. The latest is a friends gun they had for nearly 10 months before they told him it was a repair they don't even do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Brege View Post
The trigger guard is very suspect. I'm sure you mean 'very suspect' to you, though I have yet to see the newest super VGA 1080x760 yada monitor that beats being there. That and the dents in the stock clearly take it far from 100% new. Put me in the man I wish they would just be a stand up company crowd. And yes, I have had sour dealings and that was only a $1300 VH......SMH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Brege View Post
See, the trouble is times are changing. The WWW has offered the opportunity for all to share experiences that normally were just word of mouth at shows. I know my view is unpopular but reality. Ironically there is always talk of the future of collecting and myself and my peers are that future.

The "Good 'ol boys club" is going to lose to the transparency of the internet. Plain and simple. Transparency? The internet opens up a world of information. It has also been described as the greatest source of misinformation.The secret is being informed, from other sources, to know the difference.

I wouldn't be surprised to find a Superposed butt plate on this "NIB" Parker just like my all original VH showed up with.I'll spare you the suspence. See my pics of the gun, in the box, on page 2. It's a Dogs Head Butt Plate. I know, I looked it up on the internet. YMMV.
It never fails to amaze me that people insist on a first hand inspection before buying something of import, but are happy to reject something from a few pictures.
The pictures were good enough for me to take a run down there, and spend an hour with the gun in my hand, using my pretty good eyeballs.
edgarspencer is offline   Reply With Quote