Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions

Notices

Unread 05-06-2014, 08:32 PM   #61
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,048 Times in 1,727 Posts

Gents, here are the official rules for the Fox/Parker Challenge.

2014 Fox–Parker Challenge at Hidden Hollow

1) Competition is open to members in good standing of the AHFCA or PGCA as of June 1st, 2014. Updated rosters will be on hand to verify current membership status. Dual members of AHFCA and PGCA must choose ONE Association to represent at time of registration. Anyone attempting to shoot for both Associations will be disqualified.

2) Shooters must use a vintage shotgun promoted by the organization they choose to represent. Those shooting A.H. Fox guns and representing the AHFCA are limited to Fox guns manufactured in Philadelphia, PA and Utica, NY. Those shooting Parker Bros. or Parker guns and representing the PGCA are limited to Parker guns manufactured in Meriden, CT and Ilion, NY.

3) All those who wish to compete in the 2014 Fox/Parker Challenge must first shoot the 10-12-16 gauge course at Haussmann’s. This will be the “Qualification Round.” Any gun may be used (10 GA thru .410). The gunner will specify the maker and gauge when signing up at the clubhouse. You may shoot more than one qualification round (utilizing the same maker’s gun) with a separate signup and fee due each time.

4) Qualification round(s) may be shot all day on Friday June 6th or up until 11 am on Saturday June 7th. Completed scorecards must be back into the clubhouse no later than 11 am on Saturday. NO EXCEPTIONS!

5) The Top-5, high-scoring Fox and Parker shooters will be selected for the respective Challenge teams.

6) The Fox–Parker Challenge will be conducted on Hidden Hollow’s “Crazy Quail” field at 1 pm sharp on Saturday June 6th. A flip of the coin will decide the first team to shoot. “Crazy Quail” is a type of “flurry” however the timing between target releases will be lengthened slightly, to allow for more deliberate shooting

7) A total of 125 targets will be thrown for each team of 5 gunners. High cumulative score will decide the 2014 winning team. The cumulative score for each team will be calculated as follows: the sum of scores recorded by the Hidden Hollow scorer + the official Parker scorer + the official Fox scorer. That sum will be divided by three (3) and rounded to the second decimal place. Each scorer will use a hand operated mechanical counter.

8) In the event of a trap malfunction during a team’s attempt at the Challenge targets, the Hidden Hollow official will void that team’s score and a new round of 125 targets will be shot.

9) The wearing of Eye and Ear protection is required of all competitors.

10) All Hidden Hollow/NSCA rules will apply for ammunition and maximum allowed shot size.

11) All shooters who qualify for the Challenge Team will receive an official Fox/Parker
Hat to commemorate this epic contest.

12). All shooters must have fun, be safe and conduct themselves in a sportsmanlike manner becoming of these two, fine organizations!
Unread 05-06-2014, 08:59 PM   #62
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,235 Times in 12,376 Posts

....why did that happen?...
Attached Files
File Type: doc 2014FoxParkerChallengeRules.doc (15.5 KB, 19 views)
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2014, 09:10 PM   #63
Double Lab
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,277 Times in 2,428 Posts

Don't have M/Word. How else can I view it?
Unread 05-06-2014, 09:35 PM   #64
Mike of the Mountain
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,906 Times in 2,688 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Romig View Post
....why did that happen?...

Because NE SxS does not use referees at each station like the Vintage Cup does. The shoot-out for the championship will make sure scoring is fair for the Championship.
Mike Koneski is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Koneski For Your Post:
Visit Mike Koneski's homepage!
Unread 05-06-2014, 09:48 PM   #65
Double Lab
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,277 Times in 2,428 Posts

Thanks OP
Unread 05-07-2014, 07:58 PM   #66
B. Dudley
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 17,539 Times in 4,621 Posts

You will enjoy yourself Matt. Ernie sets up a fun and challenging course. And it is a nice relaxed environment.
Just don't plan on needing your cell phone there.
Unread 05-08-2014, 09:52 AM   #67
Harold Pickens
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,829 Times in 2,017 Posts

Matt,
it will be good to meet a fellow Buckeye. Edgar camped out last year and on Sat. afternoon, abunch of us sat around his campsite( at Hausmann's) and shot the bull and had a little adult refreshment--very enjoyable. As far as shooting goes, dont worry about it. We generally dont even carry our score cards--and if you have never shot sporting clays, maybe I wont be the low gun, ha! I will leave very early Fri morning and get ther around noon--it is a long drive, especially when you get close--there is no straight shot. I'll leave Sun, around noon for home.
Harold
Unread 05-08-2014, 10:21 AM   #68
DoubleDown
Forum Associate

Member Info

I have to say that I'm pretty excited about this format for the shoot this year. I like the ability to qualify multiple times if I want, and I love the formality of having a face to face shoot off with scorekeepers. I think it brings this shoot up a level and will hopefully draw a good crowd for the final. I also like the idea of a slowed down version of the "Crazy Quail" shoot off, instead of the typical five stand. Jim and Benjamin Hall shot the Crazy Quail setup at Backwoods with me last fall, and running full speed it's quite a challenge. I think it's a great way to test the skill of the shooters, based on the upredictable nature of the targets.

Mike
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." - Thomas Jefferson
Mike.Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2014, 10:23 AM   #69
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,089 Times in 1,195 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Dudley View Post
You will enjoy yourself Matt. Ernie sets up a fun and challenging course. And it is a nice relaxed environment.
Just don't plan on needing your cell phone there.
Why is it at most of the shoots, "Just don't plan on using your cell phone" is always mentioned, Southern, Hausman's, UP shoot.....etc
Eric Eis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2014, 10:44 AM   #70
Pa SxS
Research Chairman
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,972 Times in 1,421 Posts

Hausmanns in in the boon docks of NE PA. Your lucky if you get a signal.
Chuck Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote