Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 02-15-2018, 04:24 PM   #41
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

Bill try the Quality Inn in Fuquay-Varina. it's not far from Sanford and way less expensive. I've stayed there many times and it's a nice place.
Unread 02-15-2018, 04:47 PM   #42
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,077 Times in 1,193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Murphy View Post
The person I talked to promised to plug me in after taking all of my information. He promised that he would call back, but, in any case, I would have a room even though he couldn't give me a confirmation number. Sometime later, I called the same number and gave all my information again to a person who said there were no blocked rooms. Suspicious, I asked where she was talking to me from. She said she was with Hilton Reservations. I told her I had called the hotel. She replied that the hotel was not in the reservation business and my call was automatically switched to Hilton Reservations. The only rate she could give me was $199. I then called the hotel, making sure I was actually talking to the hotel, not a reservation contractor. The person read off the confirmation number that I had just received from the reservation contractor. At least that much worked. She said that the clerk who took my reservation had been fired and did not "plug me in" as he had promised. The "hotel" could only give me the $199 rate and no one on premises is authorized to give me any other rate. The manager, AJ or Antonio, might be in tomorrow or he may not be. She would have him call me but could not tell me when. I am not happy with the Hampton, and too stressed to call the Comfort. I think I will just head for the Northeast shoot.

Someone please tell me again why we do business with this Hotel......... Just wondering...........
Eric Eis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2018, 05:10 PM   #43
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

It's the in place for the folks in the know
Unread 02-15-2018, 08:09 PM   #44
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,175 Times in 12,362 Posts

Tha Sanford Hampton used to be very good and very accomodating . The blame for their very recent sloppy customer service and booking problems falls squarely on the shoulders of the Sanford Hampton ans no one else.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 02-16-2018, 07:39 AM   #45
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Romig View Post
Tha Sanford Hampton used to be very good and very accomodating . The blame for their very recent sloppy customer servive and booking falls squarely on the shoulders of the Sanford Hampton ans no one else.

Totally agree.....
Unread 02-16-2018, 09:42 AM   #46
Harold Pickens
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,780 Times in 2,010 Posts

So, are some of us going to stay at the comfort Inn in Fuquay-Varina again? There was some talk of going elsewhere last year. I am happy with it--sure it aint the Hilton, but its much cheaper, and you can spend that extra money on another round of clays. Looking forward to shooting with everyone again, and seeing what new toys that they have picked up in the past year. I dont think my friend Mark will be going this year, but the other guys from Wheeling probably will.
Unread 02-16-2018, 10:01 AM   #47
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

The comfort Inn has a lot going for it, cost, close to Sanford and real close to Drakes Landing especially if you like to shoot not stand in line to shoot.
Unread 02-16-2018, 03:18 PM   #48
Quigley97
PGCA Member

Member Info

Harold and Rich not to be contradictory but we stayed at the Quality Inn in Fuquay/Varina last few years. And yes it is very reasonable and close to Drake Landing, no lines and just all around fun shooting.
Tom Pellegrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2018, 03:29 PM   #49
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Pellegrini View Post
Harold and Rich not to be contradictory but we stayed at the Quality Inn in Fuquay/Varina last few years. And yes it is very reasonable and close to Drake Landing, no lines and just all around fun shooting.
Doesn't sound like you are being "contradictory", sounds like you agree with them. Hope to see you at Drake's Landing on Thursday.
The Following User Says Thank You to Eric Eis For Your Post:
Unread 02-16-2018, 03:49 PM   #50
Harold Pickens
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,780 Times in 2,010 Posts

Sorry, my bad guys. Tom is right(as always), it is the Quality Inn, not the Comfort Inn--I may just make my reservations this weekend. Tom, look forward to seeing you there. I will probably get in on Wed. eve.