Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Picture(s) Show Best the Next Generation Shooter? (Vote for one or more)
Entry #1 19 33.93%
Entry #2 29 51.79%
Entry #3 18 32.14%
Entry #4 18 32.14%
Entry #5 25 44.64%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Vote for #2
Unread 01-02-2012, 10:03 PM   #11
Larry the Gun Guy
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,556 Times in 381 Posts

Default Vote for #2

Without the buy in and blessing of the #2's of the world, numbers 1, 3, 4, & 5 don't stand a chance. We need all the young shooters we can get and we especially need young ladies.

I'll sponsor one. Where do I send the check?

Larry
Larry Stauch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Larry Stauch For Your Post:
Unread 01-02-2012, 10:22 PM   #12
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Thanked 4,165 Times in 826 Posts

Larry....

You and Dean are wonderful... Thank you!!! OK - here is what I'm thinking.... Please DO send a check to our own PGCA Membership. Her name is Mary Bowes and her address is:

Mary Bowes
PGCA Membership
477 Ocean Avenue
Wells, Maine 04090

Now - on your checks - in the MEMO area, or add as a cover note - please designate your check for "Sponsored Youth Membership"....

So - we'll get all of these young folks covered, and Mary - as the PGCA Membership, will accrue these for other young shooters who are nominated (I'll put up a post for those after this contest, OK?)

So far - without any official word of support - we have:

John T. - sponsoring two young folks;
John D. - sponsoring two young folks and the winner;
Angel - another;
Dean - another;
Daryl - another;
Jeff K. - another;
Eric - another;
Larry - yet another...

Gentlemen... I think we are investing in our own future within the confines of this organization.

For that - you have my (and our Membership) collective thanks....

If there are any other supporters - please post in this thread... You might be surprised at what happens for your own recognition over the next few days...

My sincerest thanks - and to the newest PGCA Youth Members..??

WELCOME!!!

John D.

Last edited by John Dunkle; 01-03-2012 at 04:34 PM.. Reason: Edited/Updated to reflect Jeff's and Eric's Support - THANKYOU!
John Dunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2012, 11:29 PM   #13
wingshot
Forum Associate

Member Info

I voted for #3, as that dude is in dire need of some proper hunting attire! Sponsoring my own two boys for now, ages 13 and 16. Here's the youngest collecting some raw ingredients for his school lunch with a shooter-class CHE. Not too many kids take BBQ squirrel sandwiches to lunch, it seems...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thomas and parker.JPG (140.0 KB, 2 views)
edwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2012, 08:06 AM   #14
JLoew
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,237 Times in 838 Posts

Wow. What a great thread! When I look back at my time on the PGCA Board 30 years from now, if we havent done a good job with attracting more young people, I'll probably wonder if all of this was a worthwhile endeavor for me.

Threads like this and folks like John, John, Larry, Dean, and Angel really make a statement about their true intent. I am really proud of you guys for these self-less acts.
Josh Loewensteiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2012, 08:14 AM   #15
Double Lab
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,299 Times in 2,438 Posts

OK- I could'nt bring myself to vote for just one so I voted for all 5. I'll be sending a check to Mary forthwith. I thought enough of this organization to become a Life Member so this is my way of giving something back. Happy New Year and welcome to our 5 newest members.
Daryl
Daryl Corona is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Daryl Corona For Your Post:
Unread 01-03-2012, 08:42 AM   #16
Ed Blake
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwilliams View Post
I voted for #3, as that dude is in dire need of some proper hunting attire! Sponsoring my own two boys for now, ages 13 and 16. Here's the youngest collecting some raw ingredients for his school lunch with a shooter-class CHE. Not too many kids take BBQ squirrel sandwiches to lunch, it seems...

Hope he has a strong set of choppers. Those critters are known to be a "little" tough.

Mr. Williams, there are a number of us here in central Virginia who are PGCA members and shoot regularly at either Old Forge in Providence Forge, or Central Va. Sporting Clays in Palmyra. You need to come and bring out your boys. The Virginia Vintagers also have a number of shoots throughout the year.
Ed Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2012, 09:16 AM   #17
wingshot
Forum Associate

Member Info

Hey, Ed B.

I'd love to bring the boys out for a shoot, if I can drag them away from school sports and games. Older son's school has a full skeet range, but the shooting season conflicts with his soccer games. Maybe his priorities will change.

And yes, squirrels can be chewy if not parboiled or marinated. These were living along a tree-lined farm road that runs through corn and soybeans, so they were fat and fairly tender. #2 son only lost one tooth on the squirrel sandwich, and it was a loose one anyway.
edwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2012, 01:40 PM   #18
Jeff K.
PGCA Lifetime

Admin

Member Info

Thanked 2,793 Times in 651 Posts

Count me in as a sponsor.
Jeff Kuss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff Kuss For Your Post:
Unread 01-03-2012, 02:01 PM   #19
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,089 Times in 1,195 Posts

Count me in also as a sponsor, just let me know who I get to sponsor (so if anyone has an idea let me know). I think this is a great idea. Eric
Eric Eis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Eric Eis For Your Post:
Unread 01-03-2012, 04:33 PM   #20
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Thanked 4,165 Times in 826 Posts

Jeff & Eric...

You two, too (that does sound strange, albeit - grammatically correct?? ) are outstanding.. As well, when you have a moment, if you pop a check into the mail to Mary - she is set to go with the Youth Memberships.. What will happen, is that all the Youth Membership Numbers will end in a "Y" so, for example - 4567Y. That way we can track who are the Youth Members. If we have more sponsors for these young kids then we have young people - that's fine, too...

As the BOD is discussing a few things (as they should on this idea) - I'll announce how all this fits together....

Gents - you folks are wonderful....

Thank you so very much!

John
John Dunkle is offline   Reply With Quote