Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 07-16-2015, 10:46 AM   #11
Gerald McPherson
PGCA Member

Member Info

That would be a great official PGCA hat. I am 71 and I can remember men wearing those as far back as I can remember. We can get ball caps anywhere. I replaced mine with a army cap with inside flaps. I just recently got rid of it because it was worn out. I would like to live and hunt long enough to wear one of these out.
Gerald McPherson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2015, 10:58 AM   #12
OH Osthaus
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,152 Times in 3,258 Posts

my first hunting caps were Jones caps- this would be a great use for getting an old canvas shooting coat back into the coverts
Unread 07-16-2015, 03:31 PM   #13
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,031 Times in 1,165 Posts

Like I said, Barry will work with any kind of fabric you send him, or he'll do his best to locate what you want.

I did about have to half boil my old Carhartts to get them clean enough where I wasn't ashamed to send them. They were so faded out he actually used the inside as the outside of the cap so it would have good color.
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Destry L. Hoffard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2015, 03:32 PM   #14
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

P.S. I have absolutely no financial stake in this deal. I was just so pleased to find a place where I could get "exactly what I wanted" that I wanted to share.
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Destry L. Hoffard For Your Post:
Unread 07-16-2015, 04:08 PM   #15
OH Osthaus
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,152 Times in 3,258 Posts

Never any doubt of that-

we can tell you are pleased with his work, thanks for bringing his skill to everyone's attention
Unread 07-16-2015, 04:46 PM   #16
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

P.S. to Gerald: I don't think I'll live long enough to wear out any of these caps. But I'm damn sure gonna try!
Unread 07-17-2015, 10:41 PM   #17
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

One more! This is what's called a four panel cap. Notice the attention to detail, even has a dark green underbill just like the old ones. Same deal, made from my old Carharts, the vintage flannel, and an ancient Super Dux label I'd salvaged off something years ago.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0717152234.jpg (497.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 0717152235.jpg (503.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 0717152235a.jpg (490.7 KB, 0 views)