Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

In memory of,
Unread 07-14-2015, 10:29 PM   #1
Jeff K.
PGCA Lifetime

Admin

Member Info

Thanked 2,793 Times in 651 Posts

Default In memory of,

It has come to my attention that it has been four years today that the PGCA lost a dear friend in Jack Puglisi.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Puglisi's 003.jpg (143.4 KB, 12 views)
Jeff Kuss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jeff Kuss For Your Post:
Unread 07-14-2015, 10:39 PM   #2
Jeff K.
PGCA Lifetime

Admin

Member Info

Thanked 2,793 Times in 651 Posts

Jack
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jack Puglisi.jpg (82.9 KB, 5 views)
Jeff Kuss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff Kuss For Your Post:
Unread 07-14-2015, 10:41 PM   #3
Harry Collins
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,757 Times in 732 Posts

Jeff,

I had met Jack at a number of gun shows. He was very entertaining and knowledgeable. I wish my purse had been large enough to purchased from him, but his collection was beyond my reach. I still think of him and his extensive supply of Parkers. From my experience, a delightful individual.
Harry Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2015, 10:51 PM   #4
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,228 Times in 12,374 Posts

I was not fortunate enough to have met Jack but through the descriptions of him and of his fine shop and reputation, I almost feel like I did know him.

Austin Hogan visited the Puglisi Gun Emporium about four of five years ago and wrote a very nice article with nice pictures in an issue of Parker Pages. Very nicely done.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2015, 12:53 AM   #5
Hammer Gun
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,680 Times in 1,644 Posts

Jack was a very nice person, and knew the gun world inside and out. He knew where the guns were and the customer looking to buy, We met several times, some times on the side of the road, I would meet him in my motor home and he would come in and have a gun or two to look at, In 2006 he came to my house to look at and eventually purchase my twelve gauge collection, It included the Pratt A-1 special, two barrel set, AAHE, AHE, BHE, CHE, and so on. He called me twice after he left the house commenting on the great condition of the A-1, I knew he had it sold when he came to look at it, I ask who he only said the collector was a large land owner, I tried to make a deal a little later with a AA Hammer gun he had but we were just to far apart, He also told me in his younger days he worked out with some football team, do not know which, I guess John would know? We lost a fine gentleman in his passing RIP Jack, Gary
Gary Carmichael Sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2015, 07:35 AM   #6
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,862 Times in 4,751 Posts

The first picture is an exact duplicate, uniform and position, of the last time I saw Jack inside the front door at Winter Vegas. I still remember the midnight phone call from Jack after I had made a comment on the net about the pricing of one of his guns. The conversations went like this. Murphy: "Hello". Jack: "Is this Murphy?" Murphy: "Is this Jack?" Jack: "Yeah". Murphy: "Do you know what time it is here?" Jack: "Let's see, Eastern Zone, midnight, right?"
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Murphy For Your Post:
Unread 07-15-2015, 08:48 AM   #7
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,089 Times in 1,195 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Carmichael Sr View Post
Jack was a very nice person, and knew the gun world inside and out. He knew where the guns were and the customer looking to buy, We met several times, some times on the side of the road, I would meet him in my motor home and he would come in and have a gun or two to look at, In 2006 he came to my house to look at and eventually purchase my twelve gauge collection, It included the Pratt A-1 special, two barrel set, AAHE, AHE, BHE, CHE, and so on. He called me twice after he left the house commenting on the great condition of the A-1, I knew he had it sold when he came to look at it, I ask who he only said the collector was a large land owner, I tried to make a deal a little later with a AA Hammer gun he had but we were just to far apart, He also told me in his younger days he worked out with some football team, do not know which, I guess John would know? We lost a fine gentleman in his passing RIP Jack, Gary
Gary, that would have been Miami as far as football was concerned and yes he did play. He also owned a Toyota dealership in the very early days. He was a very good friend of mine for close to thirty years, yeah I miss him a lot. I think I have nine different phone numbers for him, the shop, home, farm, barn, moble, other moble for farm or Florida number, it go to the point I would call the shop and ask which number should I try. He taught me so, so much about double guns, yes I bought some from him but many times he would just call to ask how I was doing. They broke the mold when they make Jack. Eric
Eric Eis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Eric Eis For Your Post:
Unread 07-15-2015, 06:32 PM   #8
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

I met Jack only one time but he treated me like we were old friends. I wish I'd had the chance to have known him better.
Unread 07-15-2015, 07:07 PM   #9
Craig Larter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 10,429 Times in 1,647 Posts

I met Jack a couple of times. I bought a screamer Fox CE from him and hesitated on a screamer Fox XE which is the one gun I kick myself for not buying. He had great stuff and was a very nice man.
Craig Larter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2015, 09:43 AM   #10
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,343 Times in 4,421 Posts

I have bought a Parker from the son and was pleased with the experience.
Mills Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote