Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Missing Table Cover at Southern SxS
Unread 05-01-2012, 07:28 AM   #1
Kevin McCormack
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,619 Times in 1,024 Posts

Default Missing Table Cover at Southern SxS

I used one of the old, original "first generation" PGCA table covers to cover my display table on Thursday and Friday night at the Southern SxS. On Saturday morning, I removed it and folded it up and put it under my table in a large cardboard box along with other display supplies. When I went to cover up Saturday night, it was gone.

This is one of the faux leather (vinyl) covers dark chocolate brown in color with "Parker Gun Collectors Association" along the bottom border in large stick-on vinyl letters. I especially like it because it is heavy textured, waterproof sheet that is perfect for keeping display materials dry from rain or tent condensation. While not nearly as beautiful as our modern covers, it has great sentimental value to me. It was given to me way back when by either Charlie Herzog or Austin Hogan, I can't remember which.

If anyone sees it or it turns up when unpacking, I would sure like to have it back. Thanks, Kevin.
Kevin McCormack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 07:47 AM   #2
Don Kaas
Forum Associate

Member Info

I'll loan you a full Cape buffalo hide for a gun table cover. It has great sentimental value to me. It almost killed me! Call me sometime about the NE SxS when you have recovered from the Southern.
Don Kaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 08:05 AM   #3
Hammer Gun
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,680 Times in 1,644 Posts

Kevin , hope you find the cover cloth! I put new dowels in the rack you loaned me, and thank you for that! I and my son will be off to the OGCA display show Thursday morning with a three table 22 gun display. This stuff gets old, or is it me! hmmm?
Gary Carmichael Sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 08:28 AM   #4
Kevin McCormack
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,619 Times in 1,024 Posts

Thanks, Gary and good luck at the OGCA show. And thanks for fixing the dowels in the rack. Yes, the show life does indeed get old (meager accomodations, bad food, surly help and the like), but I love to drive and what motivates me is the incredible guns one sees from time to time at our favorite places, most of which we have not seen before. I met Daryl at Winchester yesterday morning and he went home 'heavy and happy', so to speak.
Kevin McCormack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 12:49 PM   #5
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,875 Times in 4,757 Posts

Gary, what is the theme of the OGCA display? I always liked the Display Show, but haven't been for awhile. Maybe Kevin would like to go. I think guest passes can be applied for at the show as I recall.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote