Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Cost of photography must be up at Cabela's.....
Unread 10-01-2015, 06:17 AM   #1
Bill Anderson
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Cost of photography must be up at Cabela's.....

I have noticed for some time now that Cabela's has really cut back on the pictures and information they provide for their Gun Library, example.....

http://www.gunsinternational.com/gun...n_id=100610303

Even serial numbers aren't listed anymore and there is no longer a 3 day unconditional return policy. There must be something wrong with the gun for a return. No longer accepting returns for changed my mind, doesn't fit or my wife found out.

Bill
Bill Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2015, 07:22 AM   #2
Jäger
Forum Associate

Member Info

And most gun libraries are very difficult to get ahold of Ive found out.
Michael Muth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2015, 07:47 AM   #3
B. Dudley
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 17,776 Times in 4,655 Posts

They must not want to pay employees that have good eyesight either. I just returned a Parker to Cabelas, WI that I purchased based on the sole fact that they told me the birds were excellent. Well when I got it, it had many very deep scratches down the whole length of the bores.

At least they issued me a full refund and also a return label at their expense.
Unread 10-01-2015, 10:00 AM   #4
Bill Bates
Forum Associate

Member Info

The recent lack of Cabela's ad photos on GunsInternational is a software issue. GunsInternationals software farms the ads off of Cabela's Gun Library website. There were some software updates a few weeks ago on the Cabela's sites and it is taking some time to get GunsInternational software and Cabela's properly talking to each other again. If you want to see all the photos go the Cabela's site. One other plus on the Libray site the photos enlarge much bigger.
Bill Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Bates For Your Post:
Visit Bill Bates's homepage!
Unread 10-01-2015, 09:18 PM   #5
James Kuzilik
Forum Associate

Member Info

I recently Purchased a VHE 20 Ga 28'' Miller SST from Cabela's, They had it listed as a VH but when I saw pic of ejectors I thought Hmm. They were asking $3900 and came down to 3700 I had $1300 in cabela's bucks and $900 in Cabela's gift cards (Miles From other CC) a $50 coupon. So I got about 1600 in it including Parker Letter I recieved, Gun has very good case color and is all original except Miller trigger, and possibly shortened stock which fits me great. It all works like a charm, Barrels are nice and ring like no other barrells I've listened to yet. I don't know much about case color so I plan on posting pics soon so you guys can tell me what percentage I have here.
James Kuzilik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2015, 11:09 PM   #6
James Kuzilik
Forum Associate

Member Info

My point being if I had not seen photo of the bottom splinter forearm, I would probably have not known that it was an ejector gun and would have passed on it. Also photo's of serial # so I could verify ejectors and barrel length.
James Kuzilik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2015, 07:10 AM   #7
BS
PGCA Member

Member Info

The Cabela's by me does not have a clue about classic firearms. They use there large data base of previous gun acqusitions and try to match what the other stores have bought and sold guns for. When they couldn't find one, and he tried to call two other people at other stores but could not reach them. They Offered me $3,500.00 for a model 21 skeet grade in 16 ga. with a factory letter. After five minutes went by trying to find out what kind of gun it was, I had to tell when what it was and thats when I realized they were clueless.
Brett Souder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brett Souder For Your Post: