Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Announcement, Help & Introduction Forums New User Introductions

Notices

New Member from Coastal N.C.
Unread 11-13-2012, 04:08 PM   #1
Joe Guide
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default New Member from Coastal N.C.

Greetings from the southeast coast of North Carolina.

I grew up hunting ducks and doves with a 20ga Parker SxS and a 12ga Parker SxS. I guess I grew up believing that SxS were much more interesting to shoot and the fellows that only shot SxS were always enlightened individuals, who apprecated a well made shotgun.

As a young fellow growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina I would often sit beside doctor friends of my father who worked at the Medical University of South Carolina. These fellows only shot older Fox's and Parker SxS for their sport, and knew their guns and enjoyed the out of doors, and good company even if the birds were not flying or if the ducks were not working the rice field impoundments.

I have retired from thirty years in the Armed Services and enjoy the outdoors and the lowcountry although the hunting is not as good as it used to be in 1960's - 1980's, however I enjoy Marsh Hens and hunting geese and ducks when I can. I certainly enjoy reading the articles from the members of this website.
Joe Guide is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Joe Guide For Your Post:
Unread 11-13-2012, 09:11 PM   #2
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,240 Times in 12,378 Posts

Welcome to the Forum Joe!

If you join the PGCA you will enjoy several more benefits such as the ability to buy and sell Parkers right here within the ranks of Parker shooters and collectors. Another benefit is the fact that research letters on your Parkers are only $40 compared with the $100 a non-member has to pay for a research letter. I'll also mention the other big benefit of membership is the quarterly journal of the PGCA, Parker Pages, which is a glossy 48 pg. color magazine loaded with articles, stories and pictures of all things Parker.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2012, 10:28 PM   #3
John Marscher
PGCA Member

Member Info

Welcome! Seems there are quite a few people on here from the Lowcountry. We have had fun shooting marsh hens so far this season and am getting ready to focus on the ducks this coming Saturday. Sorry about the non parker in the picture.

John Marscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2012, 11:29 PM   #4
Larry Mason
PGCA Member

Member Info

Welcome Joe,
If ever in Virginia (Northern Neck, Atlantic flyway) give me a shout. Goose season starts 17 November and there is always room for another Parker shooter in our blinds.

These are wonderful and very helpful folks here!!

Also, I want to thank you for your service to our country and protecting our freedom.
Larry Mason
Larry Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 12:36 PM   #5
C grade
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,233 Times in 454 Posts

Joe
Welcome from the Low Country. There are many Parker people down hear so welcome back. If you get down around Georgetown come shoot some clays with us at Backwoods. Thank you for your service.
David Dwyer
David Dwyer is offline   Reply With Quote