Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Parker reproduction 28ga.
Unread 03-15-2021, 10:24 AM   #1
John Bastiani
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Parker reproduction 28ga.

What are the reproduction DHE Parker 28 gauges selling for these days? This gun has beautiful wood(pistol grip with 26" barrels marked imp+ mod. in the original case and the protective overcase. This gun is flat new and never been shot.
John Bastiani is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2021, 01:08 PM   #2
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,875 Times in 4,757 Posts

An identical 26" 28 gauge sold on Lock Stock and Barrel gunbroker auction for $8050 on March 7, 2021. The price is $1000 to $1500 over the normal recent retail for that gun. But who am I to say what will be next? Looking on gunsinternational, some guns of this description are going unsold in the mid $5000 range. A 28 just sold at Griffin and Howe for $3650. I don't know why there is such a wide range for minty guns of the same description.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2021, 02:33 PM   #3
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,240 Times in 12,378 Posts

The gun sold at G&H, although it has a very desirable and rare configuration, was a used gun with plenty of wear to the case color and barrel blue. I thought the $3600 sell price was about $1000 lower than its actual value, given its configuration. Several years ago I paid something close to $5k for the same gun / same amount of wear / exact same configuration, that I bought for Kathy. (That one will go to Kathy's granddaughters.)

Mint/New repros have their own market though and their value is anybody's guess and at auction all that is needed is two very serious bidders.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 03-15-2021, 09:34 PM   #4
John Bastiani
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanks for the replies! I was thinking close to around $5500 for this new of a gun with great wood-Looks like Im not that far off the value but the 9-28 gauges listed on Guns International except one are all listed way higher than this gun (a few were two barrel sets) with most not having the wood figure of this gun. Although they are priced higher it doesn't look like they are selling either.
John Bastiani is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John Bastiani For Your Post:
Unread 03-16-2021, 08:46 AM   #5
Andy
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,469 Times in 971 Posts

I wish there was a database of "sold for" values. I have found this valuable when shopping for Porsche's. Excellence magazine list sales examples and these are often in contradiction (higher or lower) than a "Blue Book" value. The only way I know is to look at SOLD on GB unless someone cares to enlighten me. FYI, I bought a 28 PR in case in very good condition for $4000 a year and a half ago. I have a single trigger issue which needs to be worked out, so add a few hundred for that repair to the total cost.
Unread 03-17-2021, 12:20 AM   #6
Dave Moore
PGCA Member

Member Info

Buy a couple dozen of them and resell them. When you are done you will know what they bring. It may sound snarky but that is what I had to do.

I laugh when I see guns that sell for an outrageous price like the famous GB auction for a model 94 .30-30. Then people think that is the new price and conversely when someone makes a great buy on a individual gun they think that any similar guns should never bring more.

Neither of these scenarios reflect what a gun is really worth and in the case of the Parker Repro the specs are huge when it comes to what the gun will bring so there is quite a spread in the value of guns of the same model and gauge.
Dave Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dave Moore For Your Post:
Unread 03-17-2021, 06:19 AM   #7
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,240 Times in 12,378 Posts

And the Parker Reproductions are still the best deal on the used double gun market IMO.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2021, 06:53 AM   #8
Brush Buster
PGCA Member
Second Badge

Member Info

Thanked 3,566 Times in 1,099 Posts

The gun that just sold at Griffin and Howe ,I had called the seller and left a message also an e-mail that I would take it ,no Dickering or dealing required ! The Specs on that gun at least to me were very desirable ! I like the Dbl Triggers and the Beaver Tail Forend also like the idea 2/3rd's of the colors were wore off of it ! Sorry I missed it especially at the price ! I would have put that particular gun at the 5 Thousand to $5500.00 Range from recent sales ! For what it's worth , Just my Opinion !!!!
Russ Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Russ Jackson For Your Post:
Unread 03-17-2021, 07:27 AM   #9
Bob Jurewicz
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,984 Times in 565 Posts

Double triggers bring a premium on Repros. I guess it isn't a matter of rarity but scarcity. People who have them hang on to them.
Bob Jurewicz
Bob Jurewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bob Jurewicz For Your Post:
Unread 03-17-2021, 07:43 AM   #10
Brett Hoop
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Jackson View Post
The gun that just sold at Griffin and Howe ,I had called the seller and left a message also an e-mail that I would take it ,no Dickering or dealing required ! The Specs on that gun at least to me were very desirable ! I like the Dbl Triggers and the Beaver Tail Forend also like the idea 2/3rd's of the colors were wore off of it ! Sorry I missed it especially at the price ! I would have put that particular gun at the 5 Thousand to $5500.00 Range from recent sales ! For what it's worth , Just my Opinion !!!!
That makes 4 or 5 of us. The good news for double triggers is we have one among us that has done that job several times.
Brett Hoop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Brett Hoop For Your Post: