Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Hunting with Parkers

Notices

Fishtail 16 recap: Round 2
Unread 09-24-2023, 12:43 PM   #1
todd allen
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,278 Times in 1,135 Posts

Default Fishtail 16 recap: Round 2

A continuation of the Leather and Lace thread
https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40026
After my lackluster performance on our opener, I took the little 16 out for round two.
Excuses aside, it's undeniable that a 6 lb gun moves differently than what I'm used to, and I'm getting old and don't shoot near as much as I used to.
The first shot connected well at about 35 yds, with a clean kill. a good way to start the morning.
After a couple more doves, I caught a pair of crows sneaking out of my neighbors pecan orchard. I was well hidden behind a brick pilaster, and they both caught a face full of 7 1/2s, ending their pecan piracy. One actually still had a pecan in it's grasp when he hit the ground.
Okay, so the 16 has been vindicated, I switched to my little Trojan 20.
Meanwhile, my wife comes out to see if I need anything, and I hand her the little Parker while having a drink of water. I said "hold it right there (to myself) seeing a photo-op.
My buddy Chuck is holding the fort down up on the hill, and my GSPs are watching him like a hawk, knowing that Chuck is always good for some retrieve opportunities.
We only shot a handful of Eurasions, as we already have about 30 in the freezer, and must do some cooking to justify more dove killing.
BTW, Chuck is my hunting partner who doesn't do Internet, and barely even does cell phones. Some of you might recognize him from the Parker deals that he has done here through me, both buying and selling.
Chuck was shooting his Repro, and a beautiful DHE both obtained through the PGCA site.
Apologies for the rambling post.
Some pics:
T 20.jpg

Fishtail Top Lever.jpg

Cathy 2.jpg
Riley keeping a close eye on Chuck

Riley watching Chuck.jpg

Relaxing after our first dove hunt together about 40 years ago at Pahranagat Lake NV.
Cathy and Me.jpg
todd allen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to todd allen For Your Post:
Unread 09-24-2023, 01:01 PM   #2
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,596 Times in 3,087 Posts

Great post! It has everything—beautiful gun, dogs and wife (in no particular order). I especially like the time travel photo.
Garry L Gordon is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Garry L Gordon For Your Post: