Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Restoration

Notices

Unread 08-14-2021, 07:10 PM   #21
Bruce Hering
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Koneski View Post
I have two Parker's with single triggers. The trigger was not what sold me on either gun. Both triggers so far have functioned flawlessly. They are a "Miller style" but not Miller. I have been told they could be an Ithaca trigger even though both guns letter as single but neither are one of the Parker designs.
Interesting Mike. Thanks for the info.
Southeastern Illinois College
AMM 761
Bruce Hering is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2021, 11:32 AM   #22
Kevin McCormack
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,599 Times in 1,016 Posts

If they are "Miller style" single triggers it is very likely that they are exactly that, but modified in some small way. That is, built according to Miller design(s) but not built by Miller and of course not marked Miller. I have seen a couple of single triggers that were modified this way that were custom built for live pigeon shooters. I had a very early Parker prototype single trigger in my 12 gauge BHE double which had been pretty much shot to pieces, then completely botched by a series of unknown trigger cranks. I had Miller install one of the last single triggers they ever built and shot it for years without any problems. It was a non-selective trigger since both barrels were choked exactly alike. Un-tinkered with, they are bullet-proof. I don't know anything about Ithaca single triggers and would have a hard time identifying one.
Kevin McCormack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2021, 08:56 PM   #23
Bruce Hering
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferyconnor View Post
That's great! Maybe consider posting about it?
See below

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferyconnor View Post
Yours looks like the same trigger I have on a DHE. Mine has been trouble free. I don't prefer them but don't mind single triggers.
See below

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Flanders View Post
Visually, I see no reasons to not buy this gun. It's about as good a restoration as you could ever find. If the wood is not original, I suspect someone just wanted more "modern" dimensions, as in a lesser DAC/DAH that seems so popular these days.
See below

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Koneski View Post
Bruce, now you're diggin' where the taters are!!
See below

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin McCormack View Post
If they are "Miller style" single triggers it is very likely that they are exactly that, but modified in some small way. That is, built according to Miller design(s) but not built by Miller and of course not marked Miller. I have seen a couple of single triggers that were modified this way that were custom built for live pigeon shooters. I had a very early Parker prototype single trigger in my 12 gauge BHE double which had been pretty much shot to pieces, then completely botched by a series of unknown trigger cranks. I had Miller install one of the last single triggers they ever built and shot it for years without any problems. It was a non-selective trigger since both barrels were choked exactly alike. Un-tinkered with, they are bullet-proof. I don't know anything about Ithaca single triggers and would have a hard time identifying one.
See below

Well, she looks great. The photos Mr. Kinsey posted hid nothing and his evaluation was spot on. (see GI add for pictures) I hope thats OK

https://www.gunsinternational.com/gu...n_id=101705884

To me, since I like to shoot all my guns, this restored gun fits the bill perfectly. I am especially enamored with the "pale" case colors. All the other needed marks seem to be there but I have not removed the long tang trigger guard to look for a number on the butt stock. It appears the engraving on the trigger guard has been enhanced as there was a very small burr there which disappeared after I ran my thumb nail over it a time or two.

The wood (quite nice in my opinion) is what one might suspect from an ordered GHE and both forearm and butt seem to match up quite well. As to the trigger; there is no indication of maker visible to me but it does function as desired selecting each barrel. The PGCA letter indicates "single trigger" so I am not sure what that means as reference to this gun.

This is a #2 frame so things are a bit heavier then I am acquainted with but, with that said, it feels quite nice in hand and on shoulder. I do need to spend some time with this gun as it is stocked just about right for me but I have been shooting guns that are not really quite there so I have learned to adapt as it were. Now I need to learn this gun. It is choked quite tight in both barrels and that may be fine for the trap or live bird ring so I need to see what some different ammo will do.

I found myself stopping my swing and coming up behind some birds today at the trap field. Rookie mistakes but there is a learning curve here. I plan to put a bunch of rounds through this gun on the trap field and the clays course in the next few months, time and health allowing.

All in all I am quite proud of this gun. I have not named it as yet but will, I am sure, in the near future.....
AMM 761
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bruce Hering For Your Post:
Unread 08-17-2021, 09:28 PM   #24
Randy Roberts
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,604 Times in 1,842 Posts

[QUOTE=Bruce

All in all I am quite proud of this gun. I have not named it as yet but will, I am sure, in the near future.....[/QUOTE]

Helluva has been patented as a gun name already, just sayin
Randy G Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Randy G Roberts For Your Post:
Unread 08-17-2021, 09:32 PM   #25
Joe D.
PGCA Member

Member Info

That gun should be pure hell on the dove field! Also, it'll be fun to look at between shots!
Joe Dreisch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Dreisch For Your Post:
Unread 08-17-2021, 11:08 PM   #26
Bruce Hering
PGCA Member

Member Info

Dbl Post.....
AMM 761
Unread 08-17-2021, 11:09 PM   #27
Bruce Hering
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dreisch View Post
That gun should be pure hell on the dove field! Also, it'll be fun to look at between shots!
Joe: For most of the dove shoots I do its choked way to tight.... Not that spreader loads might make a difference. It will see some dove field work. Cant leave it home. Just need to shoot a bigger field.... LOL
AMM 761
The Following User Says Thank You to Bruce Hering For Your Post:
Unread 08-18-2021, 12:14 PM   #28
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,307 Times in 4,412 Posts

I am taking my new GHE for opening day. It might be a bit tight choked but we'll see
Mills Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mills Morrison For Your Post:
Unread 08-18-2021, 08:25 PM   #29
Bruce Hering
PGCA Member

Member Info

Here is a pic of the type of selective trigger on my gun (not my gun):

There are no marks on it that I can find as identification. Mine does not have the stamped "R" or "L" at either end of the trigger plate selector.

Any ideas ?
AMM 761