Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Reproductions

Notices

Rare 20 Ga 3 Barrel Set?
Unread 04-19-2021, 04:33 PM   #1
Michael Duffey
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Rare 20 Ga 3 Barrel Set?

My family inherited a 20ga Parker Reproduction from my father when he passed a few years ago. It has 3 sets of barrels, and according to a letter from Jack Skeuse who was Vice President of Sales, in July 1988 it was the ONLY factory 3 Barrel set produced by that time. The gun has never been fired. I've taken it to a couple local gun dealers and get a wide range of potential values. Wondering if someone on this site would have a good idea? And were there any more 3 barrel sets ever produced in 20ga? Thanks!
Michael Duffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2021, 05:24 PM   #2
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,854 Times in 4,747 Posts

It sounds like a very interesting gun. However, assuming one or more of the barrels sets are 26", actual value is very limited. In fact, 20 gauge Repros have a very limited value, compared to the 28, and even the 12. Again, a very interesting gun. The value can hinge on barrel length, number of triggers, and wood quality. What choke combinations would be inserted into a 3 barrel combo that would improve on a normal two barrel set?
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2021, 06:14 PM   #3
Wild Skies
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,617 Times in 988 Posts

We discussed this very gun back in 2014. At that time, Bill Murphy, who has followed the market as much as anyone, estimated its value in the $7500 - $8500 range. I would agree it would probably be valued in that same range as well today.

Here's a link to that previous discussion. There's another link to the pictures of this 3-barrel set that are in the All Albums section within this link.

http://parkerguns.org/forums/showthr...ght=Stub+Brown

I have seen a very few 3-barrel sets through the years. I seem to recall they were bi-gauge sets -- 20/20/16 and 28/28/.410. Yours with 3 sets of 20ga. bbls. may be unique.
The Following User Says Thank You to Greg Baehman For Your Post:
Unread 04-19-2021, 07:17 PM   #4
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,854 Times in 4,747 Posts

I reread the 2014 thread. Mike, I hope you are enjoying your rare Repro. Are you still enjoying the dogs?
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2021, 08:22 PM   #5
Michael Duffey
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanks for your input/opinion Bill. The gun has a single trigger. Two of the barrel sets are 26" and one is 28". The 28" barrels are choked Mod & Full. One of the others is Imp & Mod and the other is Q1 & Q2. Since it is the FIRST and maybe ONLY factory 20ga 3 barrel set made, and has never been fired, I was hoping that might increase it's collector value. Already have one serious and significant offer for it and was wondering if I might get more in an auction. I could not find any records of any other factory 3 barrel sets even being made in 20ga. Actually have not had any hunting dogs for several years. Have toyed with getting back into Wirehairs, but at age 70 not sure I have enough good years left to follow them? Still chasing elk with a bow in ID the whole month of Sept. Thanks Greg for the other post/update/info.
Unread 04-19-2021, 09:15 PM   #6
Michael Duffey
Forum Associate

Member Info

I do have a BUNCH of pictures if anyone would like to see them. But no clue how to post them here or or what the proper "etiquette" is for doing that? Have them available on my computer and at my "Shutterfly" acct. online, but need an email address to send that out and not sure if sharing personal info here or contacting each other privately is acceptable? Thanks for a great source of info.
Unread 04-19-2021, 09:31 PM   #7
Wild Skies
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,617 Times in 988 Posts

No need Michael, you've already posted them to your album back in 2014. Here they are:
http://parkerguns.org/forums/album.php?albumid=530