Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Reproductions

Notices

Broken Stocks
Unread 03-28-2013, 02:27 PM   #31
Richard Skeuse
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Broken Stocks

Thank You Wild Skyes, I can not tell you the amount of people that sent broken stocks in that said" I don't know what happened to it, I took it out of the case put it together and it broke". Yet some of those very stocks came in with dented barrels ,stone dust stuck to the wood, scratches where it fell of the car roof, muddy dog foot prints on it. you name it and the customer wanted us to fix it or replace it. There had been stocks that were replaced with defects in the wood, but the vast majority were broken by accident. One of the posters said we(Reagent) did not care about the customer and that is just not true. We tried to please every customer. If we didn't we would not have been in business very long with many repeat customers. Thanks and have a Happy Easter.
Richard Skeuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2013, 12:03 PM   #32
Rob Greenside
Forum Associate

Member Info

Harold, Any recommendations as to where I could locate a nice setter pup? Did you at one time raise setters? Thanks, Rob
Rob Greenside is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2013, 12:08 PM   #33
esetter - Gerry Addison
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,068 Times in 281 Posts

I might be able to help you with the setter pup. A good friend has a well bred litter of setters on the ground right now. You can email me at esetter5@me.com and I'll give you his info.
Gerry Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2013, 05:34 PM   #34
Harold Pickens
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,829 Times in 2,017 Posts

Rob,
my female(in the picture) was in heat in Feb but she was quite uncooperative and it never happened. I was disappointed cause my male will be 12 this fall.
Gerry, send me the info on those pups also if you can.
Harold
Harold Lee Pickens is offline   Reply With Quote
broken Repro stock
Unread 12-30-2013, 10:29 AM   #35
germain.mark@gmail.com
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default broken Repro stock

Edwin,
I have a similar break on my parker 28 Repro.
Did you send you parker to Dave wolf in Waco TX as shown in this thread-
or did you go somewhere else for the repair, and were you satisfied with the results?

Thanks,
Mark Germain
germain.mark@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2013, 06:41 PM   #36
John Farrell, Charter Member #33
Forum Associate

Member Info

Add me to the long list of Repro 28 owners that had to restock the gun. What made me most angry was the manufacturer/distributor did absolutely nothing when I asked if it were possible to get a replacement stock from them. And this was back in 1988 as I recall. I think all the stocks on the Repros were Larch or possibly a Japanese Linden that is used for the lightweight paper covered doors used in the Japanese homes for partitions.

And, don't even get me started on the built-in defect that Larry Del Grego finally found after I sent the gun to him. It had been at the factory gunsmith twice and came back with the same problem twice. Couldn't get rid of that POS fast enough.
John Farrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2013, 06:58 PM   #37
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,048 Times in 1,727 Posts

What was the built in defect John?
Unread 12-30-2013, 08:43 PM   #38
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,235 Times in 12,376 Posts

It's not the gun that's a POS but some of the wood they used.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2013, 08:37 AM   #39
SXS OHIO
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,910 Times in 534 Posts

I will pay scrap price!....send them all to ME......(-:
I have fallen a few times with my repro's....They took a slam and did not brake. Im sure if a void was under the grip area it could have been bad. Parker repro's wood is petite, thin in the wrist area, like the originals. This is part of the reason they are so well liked. I do not feel they have any factory defect or inferior wood. Its a small trade off for how dynamic, light and nice the guns are. They are more fragile than say a stevens 311 or a model 21 but they do not feel clubby either. I do wish we still had the factory repair parts that were lost in the flood, and had less expensive replacement stocks for repairs when needed.
I think Parker Reproductions as a company did great service to its customers.....I have had some business in the past with Richard and found him very helpful. He even sent me a surprise package of memorabilia that I still have. Thanks all SXS ohio....(-:
Kenny Graft is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kenny Graft For Your Post:
Unread 12-31-2013, 09:01 AM   #40
John Farrell, Charter Member #33
Forum Associate

Member Info

On the skeet field, taking a station 8 high house straight overhead would result in the gun locking up and not opening for reload for the low house. Sometimes I could give the underside of the receiver a good whack with the heel of my hand and the gun would open. The real pain in the butt was in the hunting field when shooting at a high incoming bird caused the same problem. The gun would lock closed and not open at all. Several times it was a long walk back to the car to get my spare gun. It never happened except on that straight overhead shot. Larry Del Grego shot it and could not make it lock up until I told him of the exact situation. Then he had it happen. Upon taking it down to parts he found a burr on the spindle shaft (?), filed it off and the gun could be used. I was never relaxed shooting the gun; after the cyanide bluing rubbed off during the first hunting season, the broken stock, then that problem, I had enough and found a VH28. It was like owning an Edsel.

And, I'm not a picky guy. I can accommodate the peculiarities of life easily, but not with that Repro.
John Farrell is offline   Reply With Quote