Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Order your new Parker now!
Unread 02-22-2019, 03:54 PM   #1
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,469 Times in 3,042 Posts

Default Order your new Parker now!

You've just been awarded $721.00 in 1927 dollars to apply to the order of a new Parker shotgun. It's time to place your order. Parker Brothers has sent you a catalog, price list and an order form (and some additional information on ordering a small bore Parker if you are so inclined). What would you order? If you could only have made to order one Parker Shotgun, what would it be. It's not a matter of what would cost the most, or be the most collectable down the road, this is a question of what one shotgun you would most like to have, and, I assume, use.

This is a not-so-well disguised poll, and I'd like to compile and report back the results (assuming enough of you will play along). To make things easier, please list the following details for your "order."

-Year of manufacture (I just had the 1927 catalog handy, but you can order your gun from WHATEVER YEAR you choose)

-Model (T-Latch to Hammerless ejector, whatever was made during the year you ordered from)

-Gauge (available in the year of your choosing)

-Frame size

-Chamber length (for shells available at the time...if you know this information)

-Barrrel material (Damascus, Whitworth, etc.)

-Length of barrel/s (you only get one set (or one barrel if a single barreled gun) -- no two barrel sets...I want to see what "comes to the top")

-Stock configuration (Straight/splinter, Capped Pistol/beavertail, etc.)

-Triggers (one or two)

-Gun weight (use your knowledge of what Parker did -- and could -- produce in the gauge and configuration you are ordering)

-Length of pull

-Drop (at the heel is enough, just so we can see if lower or higher shooting guns are preferred)

-Special order features (grade different barrel metal, special engraving if available in your desired model, recoil pad, etc...IF it was available in the year of your order)

-Purpose/use of your gun (Waterfowl, Upland birds, trap, etc. -- be as specific or general as you choose)

I hope you'll "order" your new gun soon! Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_5578.jpeg (297.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_5582.jpeg (230.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_5581.jpeg (281.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_5575.jpeg (165.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_5585.jpeg (209.7 KB, 5 views)
Garry L Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Garry L Gordon For Your Post:
Unread 02-22-2019, 04:12 PM   #2
Gary Laudermilch
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,100 Times in 673 Posts

Ok, I'll play.

A 1927 DH 20 ga on a 0 frame with 28" Titanic barrels choked .006 & .012 and 2-3/4 chambers. A round knob pistol grip stock with 2-3/8 DAH and 14-1/4 LOP with a wood upgrade to B quality but retain the D checkering. Double triggers. Beavertail forend. Weight at 6lb 10-12 oz. Primarily a grouse gun but I'll use it for almost anything that flies.
Gary Laudermilch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gary Laudermilch For Your Post:
Unread 02-22-2019, 04:15 PM   #3
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanks, Gary. I appreciate your response. I'll get your order started!!
Unread 02-22-2019, 04:21 PM   #4
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,458 Times in 3,383 Posts

$721 huh , well let’s start with a GH 10 gauge 2 frame 26” double triggers splinter open and open all six guns fluid steel . GHE 12 gauge 26” IC/M splinter double triggers , same in the 16 -20-28 and 410 for a grand total spent of $669.50 if my calculator in my head worked correctly . Oooops I didn’t read the entire post and I’d still rather have a six gun set of G grades . So then if it’s only one I want an A-1 Special 10 gauge 30” , 2 frame splinter forend , double triggers choked mod and full , skeleton buttplate stock dimensions 14 1/8” lop , 1 3/4” doc , 2 1/4” doh .
CraigThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CraigThompson For Your Post:
Unread 02-22-2019, 04:32 PM   #5
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigThompson View Post
$721 huh , well let’s start with a GH 10 gauge 2 frame 26” double triggers splinter open and open all six guns fluid steel . GHE 12 gauge 26” IC/M splinter double triggers , same in the 16 -20-28 and 410 for a grand total spent of $669.50 if my calculator in my head worked correctly .
Craig,

Thanks! I was looking for just one gun, but, hey, it's your money(!) I do think you should buy me a "1927 dinner" with your leftover money.

I appreciate your response.

(PS I wonder how much a 2 frame 26" 10 gauge would weigh...that would be a very interesting gun...)
The Following User Says Thank You to Garry L Gordon For Your Post:
Unread 02-22-2019, 04:40 PM   #6
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,787 Times in 3,967 Posts

year-1933-model a-1-special-chamber length 3 inch-barrel material whitworth-length of barrel 32 inches- stock configuration 2 1/2 by 2 1/2- triggers 2- gun weight 7 lbs- length of pull 15 inches-purpose water fowl- standard engraving of ducks......charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charlie cleveland For Your Post:
Unread 02-22-2019, 04:50 PM   #7
10 bore
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,436 Times in 796 Posts

32 in. Barrels choked .035 in both ,1 frame ghe 20 ga. Str grip stock , dac 1 5/8 ths ,dah 2 5/8 ths , lop 13 7/8 ths over dhbp. Double triggers.
How long before i get it?
Scott
Unread 02-22-2019, 05:09 PM   #8
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie cleveland View Post
year-1933-model a-1-special-chamber length 3 inch-barrel material whitworth-length of barrel 32 inches- stock configuration 2 1/2 by 2 1/2- triggers 2- gun weight 7 lbs- length of pull 15 inches-purpose water fowl- standard engraving of ducks......charlie
Charlie, Thanks. You obviously have thought about this before -- your specifications will make a very nice waterfowl gun.
Unread 02-22-2019, 05:13 PM   #9
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott kittredge View Post
32 in. Barrels choked .035 in both ,1 frame ghe 20 ga. Str grip stock , dac 1 5/8 ths ,dah 2 5/8 ths , lop 13 7/8 ths over dhbp. Double triggers.
How long before i get it?
Scott
Scott, Thanks for your order! This is a pretty special gun, so it might take a couple of months. I'll specify "rush for hunting season" on the order.
The Following User Says Thank You to Garry L Gordon For Your Post:
Unread 02-22-2019, 05:25 PM   #10
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,458 Times in 3,383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry L Gordon View Post
Craig,

Thanks! I was looking for just one gun, but, hey, it's your money(!) I do think you should buy me a "1927 dinner" with your leftover money.

I appreciate your response.

(PS I wonder how much a 2 frame 26" 10 gauge would weigh...that would be a very interesting gun...)
I can tell you what a 10 gauge 2 frame 28” will weigh next time I remove it from the safe I just looked at the letter and it says 7 pounds 15 ounces .
CraigThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CraigThompson For Your Post: