Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Shotgun Shell Reloading

Notices

Unread 08-11-2016, 02:48 PM   #51
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,239 Times in 12,378 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Mckinney View Post
I'm not sure if you gentlemen know this or not, but the government doesn't know if you own a gun or not. Much less the type. For instance if the police find a weapon that was used in a crime but don't know who it belong to. They first have to contact the manufacturer and see what wholesaler it was sold to, then they have to contact the wholesaler and see what retailer it was sold to, then they have to contact the retailer and see who they sold it to. Believe it or not its true. When you go to purchase a gun they run a criminal background check to see if your eligible or not......that's all. Research it you will find its so. And all retailers only have to keep the records of who bought what 20yrs. It also carries the same confidentiality status as your Federal Income Tax Return Statement.

See you in the field!!!!

Not necessarily so. Here in MA a copy of the transfer of ownership form (gun registration form) including the make, capacity, and serial number is sent to the Criminal Recoeds Division and is kept on file indefinitely. This probably varies from state to state but the ATF and FBI can access these records any time they so desire, and if that isn't government gun registration, I don't know what is.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2016, 04:08 PM   #52
Kirk Mckinney
Forum Associate

Member Info

Well
Im not sure about where you live... .I would check your facts. I ran this info by my son when I found it out and he said its as correct... He is a detective here in Texas and valedictorian of his academy..... Just had to say that cause it makes a dad proud.!!!

Also I just now called the Local field office of the ATF Here in North Texas and spoke to a field agent, he said there is no national database....and none big enough to hold it all if there was. He claims there are about 300 to 350 million guns floating around. He did say that if they needed to trace a gun they had to do it as I stated above. In fact he said its against the Law to have such a data base.
He also said the end retailer had to keep the records for 20yrs. then they shred them. If they do keep one where you live. Come on down here to Texas....Lots of room, great hunting and fishing.....
Kirk Mckinney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2016, 04:14 PM   #53
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,345 Times in 4,421 Posts

Quote:
Well
Im not sure about where you live... .I would check your facts. I ran this info by my son when I found it out and he said its as correct... He is a detective here in Texas and valedictorian of his academy..... Just had to say that cause it makes a dad proud.!!!

Also I just now called the Local field office of the ATF Here in North Texas and spoke to a field agent, he said there is no national database....and none big enough to hold it all if there was. He claims there are about 300 to 350 million guns floating around. He did say that if they needed to trace a gun they had to do it as I stated above. In fact he said its against the Law to have such a data base.
That is good to know. Congratulations on your son!
Mills Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2016, 04:21 PM   #54
Kirk Mckinney
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanks...yeah I am proud of all 3 of my sons...as I'm sure everyone with a son or daughter is.

See you in the field!!!

Besides here in Texas it would be a mess if they tried to take peoples guns.....cause even the mailman is packing lol...There are little old ladies reloading magnum loads in their garages..... Going to the gun range is something else. If you can find parking.
Kirk Mckinney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2016, 04:24 PM   #55
Kensal Rise
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,577 Times in 926 Posts

Quote:
... I just now called the Local field office of the ATF Here in North Texas and spoke to a field agent, he said there is no national database.... In fact he said its against the Law to have such a data base.
Well. If the ATF said so...
That should end all the paranoia. Or Not:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Govt Tells Me copy.jpg (30.3 KB, 1 views)
John Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to John Campbell For Your Post:
Unread 08-11-2016, 04:37 PM   #56
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,345 Times in 4,421 Posts

ATF . . . .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1470264579226.jpg (12.1 KB, 68 views)
Mills Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mills Morrison For Your Post:
Unread 08-11-2016, 04:38 PM   #57
Paul Harm
Forum Associate

Member Info

Bruce, you could have done better than " zealot ". When it comes to the 2nd Amendment, I'll wear that title proudly. The guys at the club will get a kick out of that new title seeing how they have lots of different names for me, none that I can say here. And now I can say we finally agree on something - thank you for the compliment.
Visit Paul Harm's homepage!
Unread 08-11-2016, 04:40 PM   #58
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,239 Times in 12,378 Posts

Well Kirk, a lot of things are against the law... like transmitting emails containing top secret information on a personal certain phone using a personal server with and then lying to the FBI about it.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 08-11-2016, 05:49 PM   #59
OH Osthaus
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,157 Times in 3,260 Posts

Quote:
Well
Im not sure about where you live... .I would check your facts. ...

he said there is no national database.....
i expect Dean knows his facts- having lived and collected in Mass for - well at least a few years

he did not say it was a national database _ but a state one - the concept will spread
Unread 08-11-2016, 06:02 PM   #60
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,089 Times in 1,195 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Losey View Post
i expect Dean knows his facts- having lived and collected in Mass for - well at least a few years

he did not say it was a national database _ but a state one - the concept will spread
It certainly will, and when HC gets elected everyone better dive for cover.... It will be a hell of a lot more then a simple national database....!
Eric Eis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eric Eis For Your Post: