Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 01-18-2018, 10:52 AM   #61
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

I finally heard back from the Gun Library people in Nev. I had to tell them how to figure out the twist rate in a rifle. I have never been in the Grandville MI Cabelas but they have a Ruger M77 in 6.5X55 that's way overpriced and it's been there for at least 6 mos. They paid more than the retail value of this one.

If you want a used Porsche you go to an individual or a Porsche dealer not the local Ford,Chevy dealership that might have one on the lot. If you want a collectible firearm go to a dealer that specializes in them or an individual not a big box retail store.
Unread 01-18-2018, 11:10 AM   #62
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,345 Times in 4,421 Posts

True words, Rich.
Mills Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mills Morrison For Your Post:
Unread 01-18-2018, 10:00 PM   #63
Victor Wasylyna
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,473 Times in 333 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Potter View Post
Don’t get me started on Gander Mountain.. They priced themselves out of existence.
The Gander Mountain by me recently closed down. Now I know why.

I was there once and never returned. The fishing department had more saltwater fishing gear than walleye gear or steelhead gear. It’s hundreds of miles to saltwater, but only a few to some of the best walleye and steelhead fishing in the country. Never made sense to me.

-Victor
Victor Wasylyna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Victor Wasylyna For Your Post:
Unread 01-19-2018, 07:27 AM   #64
Garth Gustafson
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,352 Times in 373 Posts

Gander Mountain filed for bankruptcy last year and was purchased by Camping World, an RV retailer. They plan to rebrand as Gander Outdoor and reopen some stores. The stores will be smaller and more focused on hunting & fishing gear.
Garth Gustafson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2018, 11:20 AM   #65
Phil Yearout
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,033 Times in 1,069 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Anderson View Post
If you want a used Porsche you go to an individual or a Porsche dealer not the local Ford,Chevy dealership that might have one on the lot. If you want a collectible firearm go to a dealer that specializes in them or an individual not a big box retail store.
Rich, absolutely right. But sometimes we find stuff at those places in spite of ourselves !
Unread 01-19-2018, 04:12 PM   #66
Bob Brown
PGCA Member

Member Info

Remember when someone would come on this site saying he was worried he paid too much for a Parker and he would be told " you didn't pay too much for the Parker, you just bought it too soon"? Seems like it was just last year. Wait a minute, it was last year!
I'm not going to worry too much about it. In today's society we're a movie like "A River Runs Through It" away from a boom like there was for fly fishing. Might not happen until after I'm gone, but someday. Until then I'll enjoy what I have and treat it as a buying opportunity if the right one comes along.
Bob Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bob Brown For Your Post:
Unread 01-27-2018, 08:08 AM   #67
gman
Forum Associate

Member Info

My memorable experience on a third shot:
A number of years ago I was hunting with my Nickel steel Mod. 12. I was stepping over a big rotten log and was a bit off balance when I jumped a rabbit, shot and missed. No big deal as he just went a little ways and I'm already thinking rabbit Étouffée. Then for gosh sakes I made a very poor shot and missed the second time. Embarrassed and a bit ticked off I shucked the third shell a little too hard, still off balance, and the gun slam fired. The next thing I know I'm knocked off balance and sitting on my butt in the mud.
I think of this whenever contemplating that third shot. The SxS now protects me from myself.
Eric Grims is offline   Reply With Quote