Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Soooo close
Unread 01-09-2018, 05:15 PM   #71
Dean Hanson
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Default Soooo close

I did not plan on adding another Parker till at least late Summer or Fall. While browsing the usual auction sights I stumbled upon Parker 41732. Grade 0 10, top lever hammer that has been sanded with an old refinish. Plain and simple. However my late Father gave me 41730. It gets better. The gun is located no more than 50 miles from where I grew up in northern Wisconsin. I would believe they may have been sold from the same hardware store which used to be located in the Twin Cities. For these two guns to be that close in proximity at one time and of course 2 #'s apart blows my mind. Its the only Parker I own that I would like pair with another, be the same configuration, and be as close as possible in serial #. The gun is on Gun Broker. I will try to purchase this gun..... I know my Dad would be as amazed as much as I hope to be. Yes Mr. Romig I can hear the PPS story writing itself too
Dean H Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dean H Hanson For Your Post:
Unread 01-16-2018, 09:42 AM   #72
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,345 Times in 4,421 Posts

I had planned to have a gun moratorium for all of 2018. Well, that has already gone out the window and a Grade 1 12 gauge top lever hammer gun with laminated barrels is on the way as we speak. Having thrown that resolution out, I hope to get some more examples of Grade 2 Parkers, particularly from eras not represented in my collection.
Mills Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mills Morrison For Your Post: