Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Reproductions

Notices

"Grand National Quail Club" Repros
Unread 12-06-2021, 01:19 PM   #1
Wild Skies
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,617 Times in 988 Posts

Default "Grand National Quail Club" Repros

Since my interest in Parker Reproductions began in ~1985 I've not seen or even heard of a special edition of Parker Reproductions produced that were offered by the Grand National Quail Club. According to the seller these were offered by the GNQC out of Enid, OK in 1991 for their 25th Anniversary in a limited edition of just 25 guns. This 28-ga. DHE, 26", Q1/Q2, SG, SPL, ST Repro is #25 of 25 and carries S/N 28-2202. I do not know if this special edition was available in other gauges or configurations -- if you do, please let us know! This edition differs from other special edition Repros in that they do not have their own set of serial numbers as do the National Sporting Fraternity League, Buffalo Bill Historical Center and Steel Shot Special editions. This special edition appears to have been taken from remaining stock-on-hand as the production facility had already been closed a couple of years prior to this edition's offering.

This gun is currently being offered for sale on GI. The only identfying characteristic I see from other standard DHE Repros is the engraving on the gun's right barrel.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Greg Baehman For Your Post:
Unread 12-06-2021, 02:41 PM   #2
Wild Skies
PGCA Member

Member Info

By golly...I googled and found another! This answers my question of the possibility of other gauges and configurations of this special edition. This one is a 20-ga. DHE 26", IC/M, PG, BT and ST. #16 of 25, S/N 20-4078.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100480386_19355_461309A86CA675B9.JPG (42.7 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg GNQC 20-ga..JPG (70.6 KB, 7 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greg Baehman For Your Post:
Unread 12-07-2021, 09:43 AM   #3
GH-16
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,304 Times in 445 Posts

I would call George Caswell of Champlin arms if I wanted to know more about this special edition. George's shop is in Enid Oklahoma and George is an avid quail hunter/conservationist.

I suspect that he will know about this special edition and may have had a hand in bringing them about. After looking at the two guns pictured here. I'm thinking that these 25 guns may have been purchased as a batch and the engraving performed aftermarket. Look at the engraving on the two barrels pictured, one has the engraving blued & the other one's engraving looks freshly cut as if it was done after the barrels were blued.

I'm not knocking these guns in any way. I'm just suspecting that they weren't a special-ordered edition from the factory. George may be able to un-ravel this tale!
Paul Ehlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2021, 10:26 AM   #4
Wild Skies
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Ehlers View Post
I would call George Caswell of Champlin arms if I wanted to know more about this special edition. George's shop is in Enid Oklahoma and George is an avid quail hunter/conservationist.

I suspect that he will know about this special edition and may have had a hand in bringing them about. After looking at the two guns pictured here. I'm thinking that these 25 guns may have been purchased as a batch and the engraving performed aftermarket. Look at the engraving on the two barrels pictured, one has the engraving blued & the other one's engraving looks freshly cut as if it was done after the barrels were blued.

I'm not knocking these guns in any way. I'm just suspecting that they weren't a special-ordered edition from the factory. George may be able to un-ravel this tale!
I had noticed and hear what you're saying regarding the engraving, Paul. The 28-ga. pictured at the top is a Caswell/Champlin Arms listing. https://www.gunsinternational.com/gu...n_id=101798495
It very well may even be George Caswell's personal gun, otherwise why would he describe it with such conviction noting "It Was Hunted Only Once"? In his description of the gun he described the right barrel as factory engraved.