Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 12-28-2011, 09:01 PM   #31
AmarilloMike
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Very nice Russ. My picture of the quail isn't as good as yours but they are very similar. I really like that engraving.

Best,

Mike
Mike Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Shepherd For Your Post:
Unread 12-28-2011, 09:15 PM   #32
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,235 Times in 12,376 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Shepherd View Post
Very nice Russ. My picture of the quail isn't as good as yours but they are very similar. I really like that engraving.

Best,

Mike
That engraving is courtesy of Robert Runge.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 12-29-2011, 05:34 AM   #33
ch
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Russ, You still got that Trojan. Very nice one also, mine is IC and Full. So the fellow I got it from said. Need to pattern it. I don't have to use the left side much except the other day wow it was bad should of had 4 ended up with 2 and the dog found one with a broken wing going back to the truck must of winged him in the tall stuff. That is the day Sam said Hey dumb ass why you zappin me for i'm on point, luckly it was only on 2. I had given up on that tall weed patch when I went back to check on him there must of 6 roosters and some hens in there. Yes follow your dog his nose is better than my brain!!!
Unread 12-29-2011, 10:51 AM   #34
Brush Buster
PGCA Member
Second Badge

Member Info

Thanked 3,566 Times in 1,099 Posts

Good Morning Calvin ,Your'e dead right on trusting your Dog if he's proven himself in the past ,Two Buddies and myself were out on Monday ,Old chip locked up tighter than a drum right along the woods edge and a very short grass field . I took a good look of the area and went into the sparse little clumps of briar to flush ,nothing out of the first ,or the next etc.etc etc., Once Chip sets point ,he generally won't move until given the " Release Command " I did and he wouldn't budge ,I said Release again and touched him on top of his head ,he still wouldn't move ???? I told my Buds ,he generally doesn't lie and started a good search of the area ,I happened to look into the woods and there sure enough backed up against a small oak about 20 yards away was the old pheasant ,sitting tight and trying to pretend it wasn't there well I would like to tell you we got him ,but not the case ,I told my Buddy Rich ,stand out in the open ,I will circle the tree ,he will probably flush dead at you let him go by and take him going away !!!! Everything worked great ,except for my Buddy ,Of course we didn't rib him !! As for the Trojan ,I don't own the gun any more ,I hadn't carried it for some time and decided to let her go ,the good news ,one of our Fellow Mebers has it tucked away in his safe ! Russ
Russ Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2011, 07:57 AM   #35
ch
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Ol Chip sounds great what flavor is he? I have a NH I need to turn into something but I just can't do quite yet. best ch
Unread 12-31-2011, 10:07 AM   #36
10ga Hammer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Saw that hammer gun of Chucks in action Thursday morning. It put a real hurtin of a bunch of clay birds!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg l8.JPG (471.6 KB, 0 views)
"Double guns are a sport and a pastime built into a beautiful package to which I attach myself when entering the great theater of autumn, those days now grow more precious because we are given so few".. Robin Lacy
Robert Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Robert Rambler For Your Post:
Unread 12-31-2011, 10:46 AM   #37
TARNATION !!!
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,371 Times in 657 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Jackson View Post
I told my Buddy Rich ,stand out in the open ,I will circle the tree ,he will probably flush dead at you let him go by and take him going away !!!! Everything worked great ,except for my Buddy ,Of course we didn't rib him !!
A missed rooster is part of the game.

Giving a buddy such a great opportunity, complete with instructions for success, demonstrates true friendship and sportsmanship.

Being able to rib same buddy for years to come - simply priceless