Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 12-26-2011, 06:53 PM   #21
AmarilloMike
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

To add insult to injury the Winter 2011 edition was at our local Gander Mountain when I went there today.

Best,

Mike
Mike Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2011, 10:28 AM   #22
Phil Yearout
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,038 Times in 1,070 Posts

Mine is typically one of the late arrivals; I attribute it to the slow stage drivers out here on the prairie ;-).

With regard to the winter issue. mine was well in hand when the complaining started on the boards! Maybe they're mailed out according to some sort of random luck o' the draw?
Unread 12-27-2011, 01:47 PM   #23
neill mcinnis
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default DGJ

Nothing in N.C. Maybe one day. I have plenty of publications here to occupy myself for a while. I understand there is a great article on Fox guns. Cant wait to read it.
Unread 12-27-2011, 02:08 PM   #24
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,048 Times in 1,727 Posts

Neill, There is also a good article on Parker Single Barrel Trap guns....
Unread 12-27-2011, 02:35 PM   #25
Steve McCarty
Forum Associate

Member Info

I live in central Oregon. Right next door is Timbuctoo. There is not only no "there" here there is no "here" either. I'm in the boonies. My Winter issue showed up yesterday, the day after Christmas. I have had issues renewing my subscription in the past, but in the past two years things have been tripping right along just fine.

I love the magazine! I keep them all, of course. Among other things I enjoy following the prices of guns as time moves along. Not many advertized for sale in recent issues. I think people are holding on to expensive guns until Obama is defeated, or the economy improves, which may never happen.
Steve McCarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2011, 02:36 PM   #26
Steve McCarty
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Suponski View Post
Neill, There is also a good article on Parker Single Barrel Trap guns....
I have had my issue one day and have already read the article twice.
Unread 12-27-2011, 03:25 PM   #27
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

I have all the issues and both index's. Dean had made referrance on another thread regarding the AAHE trap gun that once belonged to our own John Dunkels grandfather and I went back and reread it plus a lot of other interesting things. I think it was Jack Puglisi who advertised a DHE 28 in 90% CC for less than $18K

Regarding renewal IMHO there was more content of interest in the older issues than in the current ones. Ever since they added the single shot rifles I think it's somewhat gone downhill and I love a good single shot rifle and am in the midst of haveing one custom made. In that venue I have yet to see anything on the Dakota M10 or Ruger #1 and that gun was a major factor in the single shot revival of sorts.
Rich Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2011, 01:35 PM   #28
Steve McCarty
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Zywina View Post
I hate getting a magazine in the mail as they end up half destroyed by the time they reach all the way up here into Northern Canada,
Double Gun mag is pretty well packaged in corrigated cardboard. They seldom show damage, but the PO does it's best to destroy them, just as it does to all magazines.

The publishers obviously go to great lengths to produce it, one would think they'd put an equal amount of effort into its distribution.

My wife gave me two great shotgun books for Christmas and I highly recommend them. They are: Parker Guns Shooting Flying and the American Experience, by Muderlak and Gamefield Classics by McIntosh and Headrick.

Photos look like ones in DGJ. They are great, sit in front of the fire and read gunbooks, books. You can get them on Amazon.
Unread 12-28-2011, 08:50 PM   #29
Dale Zywina
Forum Associate

Member Info

Guys thanks for the reply's, I have ordered other US based magazines threw the mail and found the delivery dissapointing, and magazine was ussually folded and sometimes ripped, good to here DGJ getts there in one piece. It is interesting that no magazine shop in my large hometown ,nolonger carries DGJ, and I was told DGJ would nolonger service these emporiums in Canada? Can anyone comment on this? Thank guys, Dale Z in Canada!
Dale Zywina is offline   Reply With Quote
DGJ
Unread 12-28-2011, 10:14 PM   #30
neill mcinnis
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default DGJ

I knew when I started this thread that there would be lots of interest and all replies have been welcomed. I must agree with Steves comment. DGJ does go to great length to make sure that your DGJ arrives in one piece and I feel they have suceeded in this. But, I still sit with no DGJ as of 28 Dec. My last DGJ that arrived was two and half months late when most received theirs already. When I called DGJ they said they could not help what the USPS did or not. I feel that if you are in a business of distributing a publication it should be timely and if its not then look into what it would take to remedy this problem. Again, DGJ is the best publication on double guns out there but to respond with the old saying "its in the mail" and give it a few more weeks seems weak. Im not making this a gripe session but wanted to know if this was a common problem.